This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are hiring an experienced Lead Backend Software Engineer to join our team at Butlr. In this role, you will have a direct impact on customer and operational metrics by driving the scalability and resilience of our backend system. You will be responsible for managing and processing near-realtime data generated by our sensor suite, as well as designing and implementing architecture for our cloud services. Additionally, you will play a key role in overhauling our backend microservice messaging layer and contributing to our hardware installation process. This is a remote position with a world-class team and supportive investors.
- Handle architecture design and implementation for scaling challenges and new features.
- Scale the data pipeline system, focusing on the architecture of cloud services.
- Design, generalize, and scale the data enrichment pipeline, enabling new enrichment algorithms to be created and launched in A/B testing scenarios.
- Overhaul the backend microservice messaging layer and directly impact the hardware installation process.
- 5+ years of experience in architectural design and implementation for large data systems
- Proficiency in at least one object-oriented language, preferably C++, Java, and/or GO
- Expertise in at least one scripting/functional language, preferably Python, Bash, and/or C
- 1-2 years of experience with CI/CD, A/B Testing
- Experience in container-based architectures, including Kubernetes, ECS, Docker
- Experience in microservice messaging, including Kafka, MQTT, Kinesis, SNS
- Experience mentoring junior developers into great team players
- Strong project leadership and task management expertise
- World class team with low egos
- Founders won Forbes 30 Under 30 distinction in 2021
- World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer 2022
- Supportive investors such as Founder Collective, Hyperplane, E14 Fund and 500 Startups, including amazing angel investors such as the founders of Whoop, Simplisafe, and the Chief Product Officer at Adobe
- A flexible work environment
- Generous paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.