This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Near Space Labs is seeking a dynamic Federal Business Development Associate to join their revenue team. The role involves creating and managing new opportunities, building a government strategy, and disrupting the remote sensing industry. The successful candidate will work independently, contribute to internal and external partners, and support existing customer relationships. They will also be responsible for managing inbound responses, presenting demos, and ensuring accurate and timely order delivery. This role requires a strong understanding of selling new technology into the government and offers high impact within the organization.
- Minimum of 5-10 years previous Inside Sales, Sales, or Business Development experience
- Experience with U.S. Government Defense or Civil Customers
- Understanding of government contracts, defense procurement, and relevant purchasing methods (SBIR, IDIQ, etc)
- Technical understanding of geospatial/imagery, hardware and supporting software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business development processes, marketing, preparing quotes or proposals, and negotiations.
- Experience owning customer relationships and leveraging those relationships to expand the business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Independent thinker who can evaluate multiple situations and make sound decisions.
- Strong ability to interpret and analyze data, translating it into business strategy and development messaging. Ability to apply common sense.
- 200 hours annual Paid Time Off
- 72 hours sick leave
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Monthly learning & development reimbursement
- An exciting startup culture where you will have the opportunity to play a critical role in building and scaling a one-of-a-kind technology and organization
- You will be part of an enthusiastic, international and motivated team of professionals who are committed to building unique technologies, being rigorous, and finding novel solutions to interesting problems
- A diverse and inclusive workplace where we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives
- A commitment that you will never be bored
- Equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics
- Encouragement for members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities
This is some text inside of a div block.