This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Madhive is seeking an exceptional Engineering Manager, Platform Ops to lead a team of cloud engineers. The role involves enhancing the observability, reliability, stability, and efficiency of the company's cloud platform and its supporting services. The successful candidate will create a culture of ownership and pride in building a well-managed cloud platform, while also managing cross-team dependencies and nurturing the growth of their team. Additionally, they will stay up-to-date with the latest cloud technologies and implement operational best practices. Previous experience in Adtech is not required.
- Manage an engineering team dedicated to enhancing the observability, reliability, stability, and efficiency of the cloud platform and its supporting services.
- Create a culture of ownership and pride in building a well-managed cloud platform.
- Identify and manage cross-team dependencies and facilitate communication between multiple initiatives.
- Hire and nurture cloud engineers through mentorship and career advocacy.
- Provide goals, career paths, promotion guidance, and motivation to direct reports.
- Work as part of a cross-functional guild to develop and maintain operational standards and best practices.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest cloud technologies and recommend and implement as appropriate.
- Build and maintain a FinOps dashboard to bring transparency to cost allocation and reduce spend.
- Facilitate daily standups, resolve blocked tasks, assist with planning and estimation, and host retrospectives.
- 8+ years of hands-on industry experience and a Bachelor's Degree in a STEM field or 10+ years of hands-on industry experience.
- 3+ years actively mentoring and directly managing engineers.
- 4+ years of experience implementing operational best practices in an automated manner.
- Experience leading an Agile delivery team to plan and deliver iteratively.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- Proven experience in designing, optimizing and managing containerized applications using Kubernetes, Docker or other containerization technologies.
- Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure, networking, containerization, and cloud computing concepts, ideally on GCP.
- Experience automating infrastructure utilizing IaC, preferably terraform.
- Experience building large-scale platforms, solving problems including scalability, reliability, observability, validation, cost efficiency, etc.
- Previous experience in Adtech is not required.
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance starting on day 1 for yourself and any dependents
- Inclusive fertility and family-forming benefits, including adoption, surrogacy, fertility treatments, pregnancy, etc., through a partnership with Carrot Fertility
- Free access to Carrot membership services and employer-sponsored funds of up to $10,000 for family-forming care
- Generous 401(K) plan with a contribution equal to 100% of eligible employee contributions up to 5% annually, no vesting period, and immediate participation for all full-time employees
- Unlimited PTO plus additional paid company holidays
- Parental leave for all new parents
- Fully stocked refrigerator and daily provided lunch in the office
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.