This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking a self-motivated technical manager to lead a team of engineers on the Query Compiler team at Sigma Computing. The team is responsible for developing efficient SQL queries for data exploration and analysis workflows. The role involves mentoring team members, challenging them to think outside their comfort zone, and delivering against the roadmap. The ideal candidate should have strong computer science fundamentals, expertise in Compiler implementation and SQL query optimization, and experience in languages like Rust or Go. This position offers a base salary range of $220k - $280k annually, along with stock options and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Partner with the staffing team to recruit and build a diverse team of engineers with the right skillset.
- Instill a strong sense of ownership and accountability within the team wherein members hold each other to a high bar.
- Enable the team to realize their potential and help them set and work towards their career development goals.
- Participate in discussions pertaining to the architecture and implementation techniques to represent, translate and optimize user directives into optimized queries.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups - backend, frontend, design, product, customer support, sales and marketing to understand requirements for innovative features that deliver high customer value.
- Communicate roadmap and execution plans within the team and across the org to ensure alignment.
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Solid expertise in Compiler implementation, language interpreter, SQL query optimization, and database internals
- Experience with modern languages like Rust, Go, etc.
- Proven ability to set aggressive, meaningful goals and achieve them
- 5+ years of technical experience and 2+ years of people management experience
- Generous health benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Flexible schedule
- At least 12 weeks of paid bonding time for all new parents
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Commuter and FSA benefits
- Hybrid work environment in both SF and NYC office
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.