This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Director of Product Engineering is responsible for leading the Core Product Engineering Teams for the company. They will be leading multiple teams in building the core data exploration and analysis functionality. This role requires strong people management skills, as well as a product-oriented mindset. The Director of Product Engineering will also be responsible for hiring, coaching, and growing their team to support company goals. Effective communication and collaboration with other functions are essential in this role.
- Lead and grow multiple engineering teams committed to building intuitive products that anticipate and solve customer problems.
- Work effectively with other functions to build and improve development and processes.
- Be product-oriented as well as a strong people manager, striving for excellence on both fronts.
- Train, coach, and hire to grow the team as needed to support company goals.
- Communicate plans and status well across the company.
- Understand the value of data in decision making.
- Have 7 years of engineering management experience of product teams and 3 years of organizational management.
- Have great product sense and strong technical architecture and engineering skills.
- Hire, build, and develop high-performing engineering teams.
- Be curious, love to learn and dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly.
- Love working with world-class engineers, product managers, and architects.
- Strive to excel, innovate, and take pride in your work.
- Manager with 7 years of engineering management experience of product teams and 3 years of organizational management (e.g. 2nd level management experience)
- Strong technical architecture and engineering skills
- Ability to switch between technology paradigms
- Experience leading and growing multiple engineering teams
- Ability to hire, build, and develop high performing engineering teams
- Product-oriented mindset
- Excellent people management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of the value of data in decision making
- Curiosity and willingness to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to work effectively with other functions to improve development processes
- Ability to train, coach, and hire to support company goals
- Passion for excellence, innovation, and pride in work
- Generous health benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Flexible schedule
- At least 12 weeks of paid bonding time for all new parents
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Commuter and FSA benefits
- Hybrid work environment in both SF and NYC office
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.