This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
PhonePe is India's leading digital payments platform with over 400 million registered users. They offer a wide range of services including money transfers, mobile recharges, bill payments, and investments. PhonePe is focused on making digital payments easy, safe, and universally accepted, aiming to eliminate the need for cash or cards. They are looking for a leader who can facilitate discussions, drive engineering best practices, and manage a high-performing software development team. The ideal candidate should have experience in designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems, as well as excellent communication skills.
- Facilitating discussions and leading decision making on all engineering aspects of the team
- Defining and executing engineering plans for the areas under their ownership
- Driving engineering best practices for the team
- Defining, implementing, and maintaining the hygiene of production systems for the areas under their ownership
- Being responsible for the health of the business directly owned by the team
- Challenging business and product on outcomes, channeling feedback into execution, and being accountable for engineering outputs
- Hiring, mentoring, and retaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Being responsible for stakeholder management including business, product, operations, and clients/vendors
- Designing and developing simple to complex solutions, including experience in designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems
- Building and managing high-performing software development teams
- Driving design and architecture of multiple subsystems with other senior members in the team
- Having a BTech, MTech, or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- Having 8+ years of software development experience and 3+ years in leading teams
- Having excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly.
- Proven skills designing and developing simple to complex solutions including experience in designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems.
- Proven track record building and managing high-performing software development teams
- Practical experience and ability to drive design and architecture of multiple subsystems with other senior members in the team
- BTech, MTech, or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical discipline (or equivalent).
- 8+ years of software development experience and 3+ years in leading teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly
- Medical Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Accidental Insurance, Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program, Onsite Medical Center, Emergency Support System
- Maternity Benefit, Paternity Benefit Program, Adoption Assistance Program, Day-care Support Program
- Relocation benefits, Transfer Support Policy, Travel Policy
- Employee PF Contribution, Flexible PF Contribution, Gratuity, NPS, Leave Encashment
- Higher Education Assistance, Car Lease, Mobile & Broadband Reimbursements, Salary Advance Policy
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.