This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Director of Cathode Development position at Solid Power is a key role within the R&D department, responsible for leading the development of cathode materials for next-generation, all solid-state rechargeable batteries. This role involves managing a team and collaborating with vendors, partners, and academic collaborators to develop and validate new cathode materials and surface treatment compositions. The Director will also work closely with other teams to integrate the cathode technology into full cell demonstrations and transfer it to production. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in cathode material synthesis and development, as well as leadership experience in the field.
- Lead a team in the discovery, maturation, and future development of solid-state cathode materials and surface treatment processing.
- Manage the group, set up group plans, plan operation budget, and execute business objectives.
- Collaborate with cathode vendors, partners, and academic collaborators to develop and validate new cathode materials and surface treatment compositions.
- Integrate the cathode technology into a full cell demonstration by working closely with the electrolyte, anode, and cell groups.
- Transfer the cathode technology to production by working closely with the Engineering and Cell Development teams.
- Hold a PhD degree in chemistry, material science, electrochemistry, or a related field.
- Have a minimum of 10 years of industry experience and 5 years of leadership experience in Li-ion cathode synthesis and development.
- Possess extensive experience in cathode material synthesis.
- Solid-state battery experience is a plus.
- PhD degree in chemistry, material science, electrochemistry or a related field
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience and 5 years of leadership experience in Li ion cathode synthesis and development
- Solid-state battery experience is a plus
- Extensive experience of cathode material synthesis
- Strong fundamentals and experience in synthesis of cathode materials for lithium-ion batteries
- In-depth knowledge of cathode material processing, chemistry challenges, and failure mechanisms
- Strong leadership background
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Employer paid Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
- 401k with company match
- Paid holidays
- PTO (paid time off)
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Participation in equity incentive plan
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.