This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for the Data Engineering Manager role is that the candidate will be responsible for managing a team of Data Engineers and ensuring the delivery of high-quality data solutions. They will work closely with Product Managers and Technical Leads to improve processes and establish standards within the Data team. The role will involve a balance between people and process management, as well as technical work. The candidate will also contribute to the formulation and implementation of a data engineering strategy and roadmap, with the autonomy to establish best practices and grow a high-performance team.
- Manage a team of Data Engineers, including mentoring, coaching, and guiding them towards success.
- Bring the team to a higher level of technical and business maturity by establishing best practices and encouraging collaboration.
- Own the execution of the data engineering strategy and roadmap, in collaboration with the Head of Data and other people managers within the Data team.
- Liaise with Data Product Managers, Analytics Engineers, Data Analysts, and Data Scientists to build the best solutions for the company.
- Actively reach out to other business units to encourage adoption of best practices in data engineering.
- Have a proven track record of managing a technical data team, preferably a small team of Data Engineers.
- Demonstrate experience in people management and process management.
- Possess knowledge in data engineering best practices and successful implementation.
- Support the formulation and implementation of data strategy and roadmap.
- Have experience with data and systems architecture, data engineering, and quality in cloud environments.
- Own end-to-end project management from conception to delivery.
- Have knowledge of Python, AWS, ETL (preferably dbt), BI tools (preferably Looker), and data quality frameworks. Previous experience with Great Expectations is a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies, DevOps, CI/CD, Docker/Kubernetes, and infrastructure-as-Code. Knowledge of Terraform is a plus.
- Proven track record (1-3 years) of managing a technical data team, preferably a small team of Data Engineers
- Demonstrable experience in people management and process management
- Knowledge in data engineering best practices and evidence of successful implementation
- Experience in supporting the formulation and implementation of data strategy and roadmap
- Experience with data and systems architecture, data engineering and quality in cloud environments
- Experience in owning an end-to-end project from conception to delivery
- Knowledge of Python, AWS, ETL (dbt preferable), BI tools (Looker preferable) and data quality frameworks. Previous experience with Great Expectations is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, DevOps, CI/CD, Docker/Kubernetes and infrastructure-as-Code. Knowledge of Terraform is a plus
- Unlimited paid holiday
- Monthly DICE credits
- Private health insurance with Vitality with tons of perks
- Workplace pension with Penfold
- Coaching and CBT sessions
- Generous parental package
- Dedicated leave for employees journeying through fertility, surrogacy, and adoption support
- Hybrid work policy with three days in the office and two days from anywhere
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.