This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
As the Data Infrastructure Engineer at Impact, you will be responsible for managing the infrastructure related to the Data Platform in the Google Cloud environment. Your role will involve supporting various squads and working closely with internal clients and stakeholders to ensure the continuous uptime of company products. Additionally, you will be involved in automating deployments, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for networking, storage, and server hardware. With a minimum of 5 years of experience in technology infrastructure, including Linux System Administration and database administration, you will play a crucial role in Impact's data operations.
- Manage daily operations, processes, and projects relating to Cloud (GCP) infrastructure.
- Communicate with multiple squads and compile both business and technical expertise in each.
- Support the technical infrastructure working closely with all internal clients and stakeholders.
- Use technologies like puppet, terraform, or ansible to automate deployments.
- Administration, basic/advanced troubleshooting, and solution providing.
- Ensure monitoring on all production/critical devices and services via LogicMonitor, OpsGenie, others.
- Participate in on-call rotation. Ensure continuous uptime of company products.
- Respond and assist internal clients with any technical enquiries.
- Deployment of database and hadoop products.
- Manage Production backups, disaster recovery, replication to staging.
- Administration and basic/advanced troubleshooting of networking, load balancing, storage, server hardware, linux.
- Create scripts to automate ad hoc tasks. (python/ruby/bash).
- Knowledge of Java runtime environments and how it behaves.
- Basic knowledge and administration of databases.
- 5+ years experience working in highly available global technology infrastructure in a collaborative environment, preferably with some leadership
- 5+ years working in Linux System Administration
- 3+ years Virtual infrastructure - Google Cloud preferred
- 3+ years Systems and networks infrastructure, including design & architecture
- 3+ years Hadoop use and administration
- 2+ years Database administration / SQL
- Knowledge of Java runtime environments and how it behaves
- Basic knowledge and administration of databases
- Casual work environment, including working from home
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited PTO policy
- 6 month paternity/maternity leave
- Training & Development
- Medical Aid and Provident Fund
- Restricted Stock Units (pending Board approval)
- Internet Allowance
- Free Affiliate & Partnerships Industry Fundamentals Certification by PXA
- Fitness club fee reimbursements
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.