This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
BrainStation is seeking a UX professional to lead the delivery of their 12-week User Experience Design Diploma program through online and in-person teaching. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience as a User Experience Designer and a Bachelor’s degree/Diploma relevant to the subject matter OR 8+ years work experience in the vocation. They will be responsible for teaching, mentoring, and further developing their skills while teaching in a dynamic, project-based setting. The role requires someone with a deep understanding of design thinking and the frameworks used by organizations to design highly usable software solutions.
- Teach the 12-week User Experience Design Diploma program
- Facilitate in-class activities, group discussions, demos, design challenges, and mentor the next wave of UX talent
- Co-create BrainStation’s full-time User Experience Design Program
- Actively work on writing and researching new content to teach the most up to date design skills to students
- Apply BrainStation’s “Agile Education” methodologies to continuously improve the educational experience for students
- Constantly improve own skills and apply these skills in collaboration with other BrainStation Educators
- Define the education experience of the future
- 2+ years experience as a User Experience Designer and a Bachelor’s degree/Diploma relevant to the subject matter OR 8+ years work experience in the vocation
- Experience building and leading technical teams
- Expertise working with industry standard tools used to design and prototype software solutions, including Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and InVision.
- A deep understanding of design thinking and the frameworks used by organizations to design highly usable software solutions
- Experience teaching, mentoring, managing projects and/or leading teams.
- An empathetic, inclusive, enthusiastic personality, and is someone who enjoys helping others and facilitating learning
- A proven ability to work under pressure and meeting deadlines
- A strong work ethic with the utmost integrity and desire to excel and succeed
- A sincere passion for education and creating positive learning experiences for others