Founded in 2015, Clearmatics is a London-based blockchain company. We build member-owned and governed decentralised network platforms for the peer-to-peer exchange of tokenised value between network members. Our ethos and architecture is grounded in protocol, peer-to-peer architecture, removing friction and market inefficiencies, strong security guarantees and interoperable exchange across platforms to build a peer-to-peer ecosystem for market infrastructure. Our focus is capital markets; we work with firms that have the ambition to reinvent the industry's business models. Our technology is p2p network platforms and protocol first - protocol suite, software that implements those protocols and provides client software and infrastructure for p2p networks. Its based on Ethereum and we call it Autonity - the protocol, the Geth-based client. We use our technology to build p2p networks and dFMI. P2p networks are private, member-owned and governed networks that enable peer-to-peer transfer of financial value and automation of contractual and fiduciary operations without reliance on trusted third-parties. Such decentralised networks can interact with one another, creating a wider ecosystem of value and leveraging the network effect, and they can form part of a dFMI. dFMI is a new concept, one that builds on the security and resilience guarantees of distributed ledger and systems engineering to provide a platform for tokenising value and transferring its ownership between participants on that or, by cross-platform exchange, on other platforms. We believe that our technology will drive adoption of a next-generation dFMI where intermediaries are removed, incentive structures encourage self-regulation, and risks are mitigated and reduced to the maximum. dFMI doesn't just provide a cryptographically secure environment for market participants to transact, it provides a peer-to-peer model that removes financial intermediaries and engenders a wider ecosystem for value transfer across platforms and pre- post-trade processes. dFMI works to mitigate concentration and liquidity risk, reduce settlement cycles to real-time, remove friction, and lower the transaction cost of economic exchange. Clearmatics is a company with a strong belief in the open source movement and good ties to the Ethereum community. We also work closely with the Ethereum Foundation, and are an active member of the Ethereum Enterprise Alliance (EEA).
Clearmatics is a fintech company that aims to revolutionize the financial industry by building decentralized systems that enable secure and efficient transactions. Their mission is to create a world where financial markets are more transparent, accessible, and inclusive, empowering individuals and organizations to participate in the global economy. Clearmatics is committed to using blockchain technology to drive innovation and transform the way we think about finance.
- Experience running validator nodes for a proof-of-stake blockchain, commercially or as a tinkerer
- Ability to demonstrate a deep understanding of the implications of protocol changes, e.g. in the context of forks
- Experience managing and running high stake infrastructure
- Experience with cryptographic key management on production systems
- Familiarity with deploying and testing production software in various cloud environments
- A deep and detailed understanding of accountability, consensus algorithms, and real-world risks, with a particular focus on financial and reputational implications
- The ability to work closely and in detail with technical and research teams for the practical exploration of scenarios; testing; and continuous improvement
- Ability to reason about the economics and incentive structures of a blockchain system confidently
Nice to have:
- Experience managing validator nodes for a delegated-proof-of-stake Byzantine Fault Tolerant blockchain mainnet
- Familiarity with deploying and testing blockchain nodes in various cloud environments
- An entrepreneurial inclination
- Experience with redundant systems and distributed data storage solutions (e.g. CEPH)
- In-depth experience with cloud hosting platforms
- A keen interest in decentralised and traditional Financial Markets
- Innovation: Clearmatics is dedicated to revolutionizing the financial industry through cutting-edge blockchain technology, encouraging employees to think creatively and push the boundaries of what's possible.
- Collaboration: Clearmatics emphasizes the importance of teamwork and open communication, fostering a supportive environment where employees can collaborate effectively and learn from one another.
- Security: As a blockchain company, Clearmatics places a strong focus on ensuring the highest levels of security and privacy, instilling a culture of vigilance and responsibility among its team members.
- Continuous Learning: Clearmatics is committed to the professional growth of its employees, offering opportunities for skill development, knowledge expansion, and career advancement in the rapidly evolving world of blockchain technology.
- Integrity: Clearmatics upholds the principles of honesty, transparency, and ethical behavior, ensuring that its employees maintain the highest standards of professionalism in all aspects of their work.
Chief Commercial Officer