For job applicants like you, submitting a resume not custom-tailored to the job description could result in being overlooked.
After all, recruiters and hiring managers initially evaluate your qualifications by scanning your resume for important information to see if you’re a good match.
In today’s digital world, many job seekers are turning to online resume makers like Jobscan to help them create a winning resume with all the relevant keywords and bullet points recruiters (and anyone using ATS platforms) might be scanning for.
Of course, Jobscan isn't the only resume builder on the market. There are several Jobscan alternatives to consider that might suit you better—and provide more value.
3 key takeaways
- Jobscan is a popular tool for creating and optimizing resumes for specific job titles and job descriptions.
- There are several Jobscan alternatives available that offer different features and pricing models.
- Teal's AI Resume Builder and other innovative tools make creating a resume and cover letter for your dream job quick and easy.
Using machine learning and ChatGPT technology, Teal’s AI Resume Builder allows you to customize your resume for each job you apply for. Meanwhile, features like the Job Application Tracker make it easy to manage and stay on top of all aspects of your job search.
Compared to Jobscan, Teal offers more robust tools and resources (including interview tips, a LinkedIn Profile Analyzer, and a Work Styles Test) to power your next career move. Plus, you can get started for free.
Teal is a great tool for anyone looking for a job in just about any industry imaginable—from entry-level positions to senior management and every role in between. It’s also a useful tool for those interested in pivoting careers or entering a completely new field.
- AI Resume Builder with auto-generated summaries, metric-driven achievements, personalized cover letters, and free, professional templates
- Job Application Tracker with interview tracking, communication templates through each job search stage, keyword extraction capabilities, and free Google Chrome extension download
- Career Hub resources with hundreds of resume examples, job search tips, and interview advice
- LinkedIn Profile Review tool with personalized recommendations to improve your profile and show up in more searches
Like Jobscan, Teal offers a free plan. However, Teal's free plan offers more features, including unlimited resumes and professional resume templates, unlimited job tracking, and basic resume keyword matching. These are features you can only get in Jobscan's paid subscription.
Teal also offers a Teal+ plan that starts at $9 per week and includes 24/7 support, an ad-free experience, unlimited keyword matching, and unlimited advanced resume analysis tools.
Another alternative to Jobscan to consider for creating your best resume is ResumeBuilder.org.
This intuitive and easy-to-use platform is designed with applicant tracking systems (ATS) in mind. This way, your resume includes the keywords and phrases hiring managers are scanning for, giving you a competitive advantage over other applicants.
ResumeBuilder.org is a great tool for anybody who wants to create a quality resume from scratch quickly and easily. The resume-building software itself is also great for those applying to specific jobs, as you can easily customize your resume, keywords, and skills to get noticed.
In addition to standard resume-building tools, this platform also offers a useful cover letter builder and tips for writing resignation letters, making it a great tool for those preparing to leave their current roles.
- Resume builder with plenty of templates to choose from and hundreds of job-specific text phrases to add to your resume
- Ability to download your finished resume in .pdf, .doc, .rtf, .txt, or web page format
- Plenty of resume samples to explore for inspiration
- Additional resources (including cover letter builders and how-to guides) to aid in your next job search
ResumeBuilder.org doesn't offer a free trial, but its subscription is cheaper than Jobscan. For $2.95, you can test drive the platform for 14 days and enjoy access to all its features with a money-back guarantee.
A monthly plan is also available for just $5.95 per month when you commit to 12 months, including the same features like unlimited edits and downloads, unlimited resumes, and matching cover letters.
Kickresume stands out as a unique tool that seamlessly combines design and resume writing, creating visually appealing job applications unlike any other.
Kickresume provides a range of AI-powered writing tools (available exclusively for premium users) and a collection of intricately designed templates. These features cater to those looking to balance aesthetic appeal and professional standards in their resumes.
Kickresume is best for job seekers who are focused on creating resumes that are visually appealing and who are not applying through an Applicant Tracking System.
- Easily create visually engaging resumes
- Allows users to refine and improve their resumes based on AI-generated insights
- Expert proofreading services for every resume
Sign up for Kickresume for free. Additional features like the AI resume checker and templates start at $19/month (monthly) or $7/month (annually). Professional proofreading is $28/resume.
Specifically, Zety's innovative resume builder was developed by actual hiring professionals to generate resumes from scratch, improve upon existing resumes, and even tailor a resume to a specific job.
With Zety, you can choose from several available resume templates before selecting the specific position or industry for which you're applying. Next, you'll receive customized suggestions for AI-generated content that suits each section of your resume so you can save time and hassle.
Zety is designed to help individuals create tailored resumes and cover letters for any job imaginable, whether you're just starting in your industry or are looking to make the next move up the corporate ladder. Already trusted by millions of job seekers, Zety has something to offer everybody.
- Feature-rich, AI-powered resume writing tool with ATS-friendly features to help your resume stand out
- Ability to save and export your finished resume in a number of versatile formats
- Cover letter builder that quickly and easily generates a custom-tailored letter to go along with your resume
- Built-in resume score checker that provides personalized tips for improvement and optimization
Zety offers a two-week trial that includes a test drive of all its features for $2.70. If you decide on a monthly subscription, you'll pay $23.70 per month. However, you get the best value with an annual subscription at just $71.40 per year. For comparison, that's less than what you would pay for just three months of Jobscan.
5. Resume Companion
Looking to quickly build a professional resume that generates more follow-ups and interviews? Resume Companion can help with its resume creator, which allows you to select a beautifully designed template to get started.
From there, simply answer a few questions, select pre-written work experience bullets, customize your content as desired, and download a polished copy to send in with your completed application. It's really that simple!
In addition to a resume builder, Resume Companion offers a cover letter generator that can help you increase your chances of landing an interview without needing extensive professional writing experience.
This platform is ideal for anybody looking to build a new resume or improve on an existing resume—with a little help from AI. Resume Companion has also partnered with more than 80 universities, making it a great tool for college students who are preparing to enter the job market for the first time.
- Resume templates based on design, skills, industry, and other factors
- HR-approved resume templates that help applicants get more callbacks
- Ability to create as many resumes as you need so you can custom-tailor each one to a specific job
Creating an account and building your first resume with Resume Companion is free. However, if you want to download or print your resume, you'll need to sign up for a 14-day trial for $1.95—which will allow you to test-drive all of the platform's features.
6. Resume Genius
Like Jobscan, Resume Genius is a resume-creation platform that allows you to create a professional resume in minutes. Unlike Jobscan, however, this platform uses AI-powered software designed by a team of certified resume writers. The result? A custom-tailored resume to fit the exact job title you want.
Resume Genius is an intuitive tool that just about anybody can use. Whether you're a college student preparing to apply for your first job in your field of study or are looking to advance in your current career, Resume Genius can help you optimize your resume to stand out from the competition while saving you time and hassle.
- 500+ resume and cover letter templates to suit your needs
- Free career resources, including interview advice and resume tips
- Hundreds of sample resumes, cover letters, and CVs to inspire you
Resume Genius offers a 14-day trial of all its features for $2.95. From there, a monthly subscription runs $7.95 per month or $95.40 per year (about a third of the cost of a Jobscan subscription).
Looking for a Jobscan alternative that offers complete customization and will walk you through the entire resume creation process? JobHero does all that and more, allowing you to create a new resume from scratch or rework an existing resume for a specific job. When you're done with your resume, you can also get help writing a matching cover letter.
Compared to Jobscan, JobHero also offers more options for those needing a CV rather than a resume. With dedicated CV templates to choose from and guided CV generation, you'll be well on your way.
JobHero is a great tool for those needing help building a resume or CV. Designed for those just starting out their careers, JobHero offers multiple career guides, planning resources, and articles on different career paths.
- Wide variety of resume templates to choose from, with options for different industries and fields
- Pre-written text suggestions to build career-specific descriptions and critical keywords that will get your resume noticed
- ATS-compatible features to ensure easy scanning by recruitment software
Creating a JobHero account and building your first resume is free, but if you want to be able to download or print your resume, you'll need a paid membership. A two-week trial of all the platform's features costs just $2.95. From there, a monthly membership runs just $5.95 per month—a fraction of the price of Jobscan with many of the same features.
Find out how Teal can help you with your career search today
When it comes to resume builders and other free tools to help you make your next career move, there are plenty of alternatives to Jobscan.
While Jobscan does offer some compelling features, the reality is that its pricing model and interface aren't for every job seeker.
If you're looking for an intuitive, easy-to-use platform that includes a free resume builder and other tools to power your professional growth, Teal has you covered. Sign up for your free account today to get started!