This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our dynamic product and engineering team. The ideal candidate is passionate about creating seamless customer experiences and enjoys solving complex infrastructure problems with elegant solutions. In this role, you will collaborate with the product team to bring customer touchpoints to life and take ownership of planning, architecting, building, and maintaining our highly scalable systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define requirements related to patient bedside monitors.
- Participate in systems-level requirements definition, architecture, design, and external communications/connectivity interface designs.
- Lead component design efforts and ensure compliance with existing interface specifications.
- Design, develop, debug, document, and release software used for communication, storage, and analysis of patient health metrics and medical information.
- Collaborate with global teams, including contract resources spread across multiple timezones.
- Ensure timely delivery of software, including design documentation and unit tests.
- Make smart engineering decisions based on your experience and take ownership of critical areas of our product.
- Lead the design, implementation, and delivery of large engineering projects that involve multiple teams.
- Mentor and guide other engineers to help them grow both technically and professionally.
- Define architectures, designs, and workflows that enable efficient collaboration with other engineers.
- Maintain code consistency within your team and with other teams you integrate with.
- Drive the company's growth in new technical domains.
- Innovate and contribute to the development of complex software solutions.
- Design and deliver complex architectures and distributed systems, collaborating with other engineers to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Communicate highly technical concepts to non-technical audiences in an understandable manner.
- Uphold high standards in software engineering and take ownership of the code you and your team write.
- Seek self-improvement, adapt to suggestions and feedback, and foster friendly and respectful relationships.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience with a track record of shipping production-level code
- Proficiency in frontend to backend engineering (Python/Typescript/ReactNative)
- Experience with relational databases, such as PostgreSQL
- Experience working on applications from scratch through multiple iterations, collaborating with product and design teams
- Deep understanding of the technical aspects behind consumer-facing web applications
- Strong knowledge of modern web service concepts, including API design and data modeling
- Ability to translate business problems and user requirements into robust solutions in collaboration with product and design teams
- Collaborative mindset and enthusiasm for working with product and non-technical team members
- Experience working with greenfield projects is a plus
- Competitive salary with opportunity for equity in an early stage, high growth business
- Generous paid time off, including an all-company holiday over Thanksgiving week
- Calibrate-funded health benefits (medical, dental, vision) - starting at zero cost to you
- Calibrate-paid disability and basic life insurance to give you peace of mind during unforeseen events
- Fertility, gynecology, and wellness support through Carrot Fertility
- Therapy on your time with free access to Headspace and Ginger
- An employee assistance program through Guardian to provide counseling across a range of personal topics
- Remote team with a headquarters in NYC
- Competitive Paid Parental Leave for parents
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.