This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Symmetry Software is seeking a senior software engineer and architect to expand their products and services in the payroll industry. The role involves designing and architecting applications, tools, and end-to-end solutions using various programming languages and frameworks. The successful candidate will have extensive technical experience, a strong foundation in software design, and a passion for creating exceptional customer experiences. This is an opportunity to work with the latest technologies in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. The cash compensation for this role ranges from $193,000 to $280,000 per year, depending on location and experience.
- Own and architect the design of Symmetry's product suite
- Use data and rapid experimentation to improve products and tools
- Solve technical problems throughout the stack and contribute to the product code base
- Collaborate with product management and design teams to understand customer pain points and develop solutions
- Build a product that customers love
- Work with the latest front-end/backend technologies within the cloud
- Have a strong foundation and previous experience in data structures, software designs, microservices, containers, and serverless architecture
- Write complex software in an object-oriented, strictly typed, compiled programming language
- Have experience with RESTful services and architectural and implementation-level design
- Solve complex product development problems
- Appreciate a collaborative, test-driven environment
- Have experience with Agile development, continuous integration, and DevOps culture
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Work independently and within a fast-paced team environment
- Have a strong work ethic and solid time-management skills
- Communicate effectively at all levels within the company
- Respect and handle diversity amongst staff and office environments
- Be a fast and enthusiastic learner with a desire to increase knowledge and understanding of the payroll industry and Symmetry Software products and services
- Understand the inner workings of a product and effectively communicate its value.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- 15+ years of progressive technical experience as a software engineer/architect building distributed applications or solutions
- Experience consuming and/or designing RESTful services
- Experience in architectural and implementation-level design
- Demonstrated experience in solving complex product development problems
- Passionate about creating memorable experiences for customers
- Appreciation for a collaborative, test-driven environment
- Strong foundation and previous architect experience in data structures, software designs, micro services, containers, and serverless architecture
- Practical experience writing reasonably complex software in an object-oriented, strictly typed, compiled programming language (e.g., Java, C+, .Net, etc.)
- SQL and fundamentals of relational database design (MariaDB, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience with Agile development, continuous integration, and DevOps culture
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within a fast-paced team environment
- Strong work ethic supported by solid time-management skills
- Professional and team-oriented with strong communication skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the company
- Ability to respect and handle diversity amongst staff and office environments
- Fast and enthusiastic learner with a desire to increase knowledge and understanding of the payroll industry and Symmetry Software products and services
- Ability to understand the inner workings of a product and effectively communicate its value.
- Competitive cash compensation ranging from $193,000/yr to $221,000/yr in Scottsdale and most remote locations, and $250,000/yr to $280,000/yr for San Francisco and New York.
- Collaborative, fun, and friendly work environment.
- Opportunity to work with various positions across the company.
- Part of Gusto, a people platform that offers modern payroll and benefits, remote work services, international contractor support, and expert HR.
- Equal opportunity employer that values diversity and does not discriminate in hiring or employment decisions.
- Provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans.
- Products ensure accurate and dependable payroll withholding tax solutions.
- Clients include Fortune 500 companies and leading payroll service providers.
- Company behind the popular website PaycheckCity.com, which helps millions of Americans understand their paychecks.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.