This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
As a key member of AbleTo's data engineering team, you will be responsible for driving quality automation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC) and working as a peer engineer within the Lean-Agile product engineering group. You will collaborate with remote engineers, designers, and product managers to ensure the highest quality of the systems managing member care journeys. The role requires a commitment to agile value delivery, solid engineering principles, and continuous improvement. If you are passionate about delivering impactful software for mental and behavioral health, this opportunity is for you.
- Work as part of a fast-paced and highly motivated Agile team to help design, build, and test new features.
- Participate in sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives during a 2-week sprint cadence.
- Work closely with product managers and data engineers to identify test cases and devise efficient and repeatable testing processes.
- Review other team members' work and hold them accountable for high-quality software.
- Coach, mentor, and develop team members.
- Perform ETL testing and verify data correctness and completeness against requirement specifications.
- Define test automation strategy, lead the implementation and execution of automated test cases, and analyze test outputs.
- Catalog software defects and collaborate with peer engineers to ensure resolution and thorough retesting.
- Work with Data Engineering management to identify and implement process improvements for increased productivity and efficiency.
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Have 10+ years of experience in ETL/Data Integration Testing.
- Possess advanced to expert SQL skills for investigating data quality issues.
- Have demonstrated experience with ETL tools, preferably Informatica.
- Have knowledge of working with Big Data on a Cloud Platform, preferably GCP.
- Have knowledge of data quality and data management concepts.
- Have knowledge of at least one scripting language, such as bash.
- Have basic knowledge of Python.
- Be able to read and understand ETL mapping transformations and convert them into meaningful tests.
- Have experience using version control systems like Git and understanding of Data Pipelines and workflow management tools like Airflow and Luigi.
- Have experience testing reports and dashboards on visualization applications like Looker and Tableau.
- Have extensive experience setting up, running, and maintaining scripted automation frameworks for data teams.
- Have experience working with Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Have demonstrated knowledge of test methodologies, test design, and extensive QA workflow experience.
- Be adaptable to new tools and technologies.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years experience in ETL/Data Integration Testing (e.g., Data Warehouse, Data Lake)
- Advanced to Expert SQL skills (inc. data profiling) to investigate data quality issues
- Demonstrated experience of ETL tools (e.g., Informatica preferred)
- Knowledge of working with Big Data on a Cloud Platform (GCP preferred)
- Knowledge of data quality and data management concepts
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language (e.g., bash)
- Basic knowledge of Python
- Ability to read/understand ETL mapping transformations and convert them into meaningful tests
- Experience using version control systems such as Git and an understanding of Data Pipelines and workflow management tools (e.g., Airflow, Luigi)
- Experience testing reports and dashboards on visualization applications (e.g., Looker, Tableau)
- Extensive experience setting up, running and maintaining scripted automation frameworks for data teams
- Experience working with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of test methodologies, test design, and extensive QA workflow experience
- Proven adaptability to new tools and technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great Place to Work-Certified™ company
- Respect for work/life balance
- Competitive salaries
- Professional perks such as 401K matching
- Generous time off
- Comprehensive health benefits (for full-time employees)
- Access to Mental Health programs and weekly meditation sessions
- Empowering people to get better and stay better
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Incentive and recognition programs
- 401k contribution (subject to eligibility requirements)
- Equal opportunity employer
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.