This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking a remote Python Developer with experience in scientific computing to join our team at OpenTeams. This part-time contract position involves working on a client project to develop features for the Spyder IDE. The developer should have solid networking knowledge to assist in implementing the backend infrastructure. If you are passionate about open source and want to contribute to the Spyder community, we encourage you to apply.
- Enhance the existing remote code execution features in Spyder
- Add support for local Spyder installations to run code and sync files on remote servers and clusters
- Work with the Spyder community to gather feedback and improve the remote development experience
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Work collaboratively to design and implement technical solutions for new software features
- Experience with Python and scientific computing
- Experience with remote development tools and technologies
- Experience with the Spyder IDE
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Collaborative and remote-first team
- Room to learn and grow
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
- Equal opportunity employer
- Equal consideration for recruitment, interviews, employment, training, compensation, promotion, and related activities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any and all other protected classes and in accordance with all applicable laws
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.