This job is closed
About the position
We are seeking a Senior Staff Software Engineer to join our Payments Team at Okcoin, a leading cryptocurrency exchange. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our engineering team in the US and collaborate with product leadership and overseas engineering teams. Your responsibilities will include designing and developing high-scale APIs and distributed systems, writing tests and CI/CD scripts, monitoring and improving services in production, and leading design efforts. We are looking for someone with a strong background in software development, expertise in Java, experience with large-scale distributed systems, and proficiency in advanced industry technologies and frameworks.
- Design and develop 24/7 high scale APIs and distributed systems using Java Spring Boot on AWS
- Write unit tests, integration tests, and CI/CD scripts
- Own, monitor, and improve services in production
- Lead design efforts and hold design review meetings
- Collaborate with various stakeholders including Product, Design, Business, and oversea engineering teams
- Develop and test high-quality product features
- Work with engineering managers, architects, engineers, and QA to develop innovative solutions
- Research and promote new technologies and tools
- Face technical challenges and troubleshoot live production issues
- Be involved throughout the services life cycle and influence every step of the way
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field, or equivalent work experience
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in software development
- Expertise as a Java developer, with other language experience as a plus
- Experience designing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Proficiency in designing and implementing solutions using advanced industry technologies and frameworks
- Deep understanding of system architecture, including processors, storage, and networking
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services, particularly AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with running web services at scale and understanding of systems internals and networking
- Experience working in a DevOps environment, including CI/CD, monitoring, and incident response
- Results-oriented, self-learner, problem solver with a 'can do' attitude
- Ability to work well in a team environment and effectively drive projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field, or equivalent work experience. An advanced degree is preferred.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in software development, with a focus on building complex systems for infrastructure, including storage, distributed systems, or large-scale system design.
- Expertise as Java developer, other language experience (C++, Python, Go, Rust) can be a plus.
- Experience designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems. And expertise in dealing with complex legacy systems and transforming them into modern, scalable solutions.
- Proficiency in designing and implementing solutions using advanced industry technologies and frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to solve cross-cutting concerns in application design, such as security, performance, scalability, and maintainability.
- A deep understanding of system architecture, including processors, storage, and networking.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services; experience with AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure is a plus.
- Familiarity with running web services at scale; understanding of systems internals and networking are a plus.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment, including CI/CD, monitoring, and incident response.
- Results oriented, self-learner, problem solver with a 'can do' attitude.
- Work well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive.
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.