This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for this position is that Speechify is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join their Platform team and assist in scaling their infrastructure, optimizing product performance, and building end-to-end systems. The ideal candidate will have experience in building and maintaining large-scale products, possess systems thinking skills, work quickly and efficiently, and be able to collaborate effectively with a remote team. The company offers a fast-growing environment where employees can contribute to shaping the company and product, and values risk-taking and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Build, own, and report on the performance of complex end-to-end systems
- Actively participate in product decisions and refining the product roadmap
- Work with the Platform team to provide universal architecture and experience across products
- Play a crucial role in building and maintaining large-scale products, both backend and frontend
- Think high level about end-to-end systems involving multiple products and 3rd party services
- Work quickly to generate ideas and options and make decisions on shipping priorities
- Know how and when to engage or be heads down in a high-growth startup environment
- Collaborate with designers, marketers, and PMs to inspire, play, and negotiate
- Have experience with NodeJS/Typescript and Java/Kotlin (Kotlin Multiplatform experience a plus)
- Help shape the company and product in a fast-growing environment
- Support risk, intuition, and hustle with an entrepreneurial-minded team
- Benefit from a hands-off management approach to focus on tasks
- Experience building and maintaining large scale products
- Backend and frontend development experience
- Ability to think high level about end-to-end systems involving multiple products and 3rd party services
- Ability to work quickly and make decisions on what can ship now and what needs time
- Ability to work in a high-growth startup environment with a remote team
- Collaboration skills to work with designers, marketers, and product managers
- Preferred tech stack includes NodeJS/Typescript and Java/Kotlin (Kotlin Multiplatform experience a plus)
- A fast-growing environment where you can help shape the company and product.
- An entrepreneurial-minded team that supports risk, intuition, and hustle.
- A hands-off management approach so you can focus and do your best work.
- An opportunity to make a big impact in a transformative industry.
- Competitive salaries, a friendly and laid-back atmosphere, and a commitment to building a great asynchronous culture.
- Opportunity to work on a life-changing product that millions of people use.
- Build products that directly impact and support people with learning differences like dyslexia, ADD, low vision, concussions, autism, and more.
- Work in one of the fastest growing sectors of tech, the intersection of artificial intelligence and audio.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.