This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Join our team at Culture Amp and help us make a better world of work. As part of the #teamcoreservices, you will play a crucial role in building and maintaining the central shared services that support our product. This includes working on various software stacks and contributing to the growth and scalability of our platform. You will collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and designers to understand customer problems and develop solutions. Additionally, you will be responsible for maintaining and supporting the services your team is responsible for. If you have expertise in Go, Ruby, or TypeScript and experience in building web-based software applications, we would love to have you on board.
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems across codebases as you build features and help move to a distributed and event-driven architecture.
- Collaborate with other engineers in the team through pair/mob programming, writing solution designs, or giving feedback on pull requests to build shared understanding of work.
- Work with product managers and designers in the team to understand customer problems and help develop, refine, and implement solutions.
- Maintain and support the services the team is responsible for, ensuring dependencies are up-to-date, observing and understanding services in production, refactoring code, and attending to customer issues.
- Have expertise in Go, Ruby, or TypeScript (or willingness to learn).
- Have experience in building web-based software applications, understanding engineering concepts, scalability, security, and maintenance.
- Have experience writing and operating backend services.
- Have a good process that involves documenting work and writing consistent, maintainable code understood by teammates.
- Understand the value of test-driven development and know how and when to add tests, ensuring thorough coverage by integration and unit tests.
- Be a proactive and clear communicator, valuing empathy and kindness, and able to articulate ideas and feelings in writing or speaking.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently, taking initiative to ensure efficiency and seeking support when needed.
- Be interested in understanding and solving customer problems.
- Go, Ruby or TypeScript expertise (or willingness to learn)
- Experience in building web-based software applications
- Understanding of fundamental engineering concepts, scalability, security, and maintenance
- Experience in writing and operating backend services
- Good documentation process
- Consistent, maintainable, and understandable code
- Value of test-driven development and ability to add tests
- Proactive and clear communicator
- Value empathy and kindness
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Interest in understanding and solving customer problems
- MacBooks for work
- Share options
- Excellent parental leave and in-work support program
- Flexible working schedule
- Fun and inclusive digital and in-person events
- Opportunity to make a difference in people's lives
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.