This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Signifyd is seeking a Head of Platform Engineering to lead and manage multiple teams of engineers and managers. The role involves setting strategy, creating a roadmap, and introducing processes to ensure the success of the Platform Engineering teams. The focus is on building and optimizing the platform architecture, fostering a DevOps culture, and enabling engineering teams to create systems that meet uptime and latency objectives. The Head of Platform Engineering will also be responsible for overseeing spending on cloud providers and other third-party software tools. This role is critical to the success of Signifyd's core platform and requires significant leadership experience in complex software engineering or technology organizations.
- Grow and lead multiple teams of highly-engaged managers and engineers by hiring, coaching, and instilling a sense of ownership and impact.
- Build and contribute to a team culture that achieves a well-designed system through a commitment to learning and continuous improvement.
- Lead the vision and roadmap for the Platform Engineering organization by working with your leads, teams and executive partners across the company.
- Clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical internal stakeholders as well as customers.
- Lead and manage a globally distributed team; improve on and champion new processes to enable smooth collaboration across offices and time zones.
- Enable engineering teams to create systems that meet uptime and latency Service Level Objectives while operating in a continuous release environment.
- Oversee and optimize spending on cloud providers and other third-party software tools to ensure cost of goods sold targets are met.
- 7+ years of work experience in leading engineering teams with a deep technical understanding of cloud platforms
- Significant leadership experience in complex software engineering or technology organizations, ideally as a senior leader
- Commitment to operational excellence demonstrated by prior experience at a high-availability, continuous deployment company
- Past experience working with serverless and self-managed solutions, such as Kubernetes
- Practical experience running and managing cloud providers
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical internal stakeholders as well as customers
- Strong ability to hire, coach, and instill a sense of ownership and impact in teams
- Experience in building and contributing to a team culture that achieves a well-designed system through a commitment to learning and continuous improvement
- Ability to lead the vision and roadmap for the Platform Engineering organization
- Experience in managing globally distributed teams and enabling smooth collaboration across offices and time zones
- Knowledge of optimizing spending on cloud providers and other third-party software tools to ensure cost targets are met
- 4-day workweek
- Discretionary Time Off Policy (Unlimited!)
- Mental wellbeing resources
- Dedicated learning budget through Learnerbly
- 401K Match
- Stock Options
- Annual Performance Bonus or Commissions
- Paid Parental Leave (12 weeks)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Company Social Events
- Signifyd Swag
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.