This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Senior Backend Software Engineer will be responsible for providing expert-level programming and software development to develop technical solutions aligned with system specifications and guidelines. They will support development decisions and provide guidance to less experienced software engineers, while executing high-quality technical solutions and championing collaborative software development. This role requires expertise in backend software design and programming languages, particularly Java, as well as experience with REST service design and development, Spring Boot, Docker, Git, and AWS. The Senior Backend Software Engineer will also contribute to code optimization, participate in Agile team ceremonies, and remain knowledgeable in backend development trends and best practices.
- Develop new and reusable code that meets internal development standards and quality goals, and aligns with the defined architecture.
- Utilize unit testing and end-to-end testing to ensure code quality.
- Contribute to the selection of backend technical solutions, ensuring solution decisions fall within scope and best serve the application structure.
- Implement business logic, write server scripts and APIs.
- Lead code optimization to improve scalability, reliability, security, and performance of web applications.
- Collaborate with backend software engineers/developers, software architect, test engineers, security architect, product owner, frontend software engineers/developers, etc.
- Mentor and coach less experienced backend software engineer(s)/developer(s).
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Participate in and contribute to code reviews.
- Contribute to software and security architecture and design concepts, and guidelines.
- Monitor application logs and address issues.
- Identify opportunities to improve the software development process.
- Remain knowledgeable and skilled in backend development trends and best practices.
- Participate in and contribute to Agile team ceremonies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- 8+ years of relevant professional-level work experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in REST service design and development with Spring Boot
- Experience mentoring and coaching others preferred
- Experience developing software in an agile-focused application development team(s)
- Experience working within local and global teams; motivating and fostering recognition and respect of cultural differences among others
- Expert-level knowledge and skill in backend software design
- Expert-level knowledge of and skill in backend programming languages, esp. Java
- Experience with Docker, Git, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Data, and AWS
- Experience with a streaming platform such as Apache Kafka
- Experience designing and developing REST web services
- Expert-level knowledge of and skill working with SQL and non-SQL databases, such as Postgres and MongoDB
- Experience with IntelliJ is a plus
- Understanding of security compliances
- Knowledge of agile methodology principles, tools, techniques, and processes
- Professional attitude and well-organized
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-confident individual, open to taking on challenges and finding ways to succeed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Must be able to travel domestically and overseas for extended periods if required
- Must be able to sit for extended periods
- Must be able to communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k matching
- Generous time off package
- 16 weeks fully paid maternity leave
- 10 weeks fully paid paternity leave
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- On-site gym access
- Health and wellbeing center
- On-site café
- Walking trails
- Tuition assistance
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.