This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Alert Innovation, powered by Walmart, is seeking software interns for the fall of 2023 to work in their workstation group. The interns will be involved in designing mechanical and mechatronic components and subsystems for custom automation systems. They will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and assist in defining mechanical design requirements. The interns will also be responsible for creating and managing detailed 3D models and drawings, supporting the development of specifications and documentation, and assisting in design verification and testing. Familiarity with industrial automation components, production processes, electrical circuits, and software aspects is desired.
- Design mechanical and mechatronic components and subsystems of custom automation systems
- Assist in defining mechanical design requirements in collaboration with interdisciplinary teams
- Participate in design meetings/reviews, machine debug, power-up, and machine validation and testing
- Create and manage highly detailed and functional 3D models and detail drawings
- Support the creation, development, and release of component and system specifications and documentation
- Assist in the creation of component and subsystem design verification plans and test methods
- Interface with manufacturing group and suppliers to ensure feasibility and manufacturability of designs
- Familiarity with industrial automation components such as pneumatics, sensors, motors & drives, robots, power trains, general machine design, technical drawing preparation, various manufacturing techniques, knowledge of materials, and general fabrication techniques
- Familiarity with production processes for machining and additive manufacturing
- Familiarity with electrical aspects of production processes such as AC/DC electrical circuits, DC electrical circuits, Op-Amps, Communication Protocols, Test Equipment, soldering, wiring, and debugging
- Familiarity with software aspects such as Programming Languages (C++, python), Software Repositories (Git, Bitbucket), Editors/IDE (VsCode, vi), and familiarity with Linux
- Experience with industrial automation components such as pneumatics, sensors, motors & drives, robots, power trains, general machine design, technical drawing preparation, various manufacturing techniques, knowledge of materials and general fabrication techniques.
- Familiarity with the design and use for any or all the following mechanical aspects production processes: machining, and additive manufacturing.
- Familiarity with the design and use for any or all the following electrical aspects production processes: AC/DC electrical circuits about 100W, DC electrical circuits below 10 W, Op-Amps, Communication Protocols (serial, differential, high speed), Test Equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, lab supplies), soldering, wiring, debugging.
- Familiarity with the design and use for any or all the following software aspects: Programming Languages (C++, python), Software Repositories (Git, Bitbucket), Editors / IDE (VsCode, vi), familiarity with Linux.
- Excellent benefits including multiple health plan options, vision and dental insurance for you and dependents
- 401(k) match, stock purchase plans, life insurance, disability insurance and more
- RSU grants with generous annual refreshers
- Unlimited paid time off and flexible work schedules
- Up to 12 weeks of paid maternity/paternity leave
- Walmart discounts in-store and online
- Free lunch, coffee, and snacks provided daily
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.