This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for this role is to join Reddit's Developer Platform team and contribute to building core platform capabilities that allow external developer communities to customize and transform members' experiences and interactions on the platform. The team's goal is to enable immersive, game-like experiences within communities by implementing features such as image galleries, live-updating scores, meme generators, stock tickers, and improved comment ranking. The role requires strong technical skills, experience in managing engineering teams, and a passion for developing scalable and well-designed software. Effective communication and the ability to collaborate in a fully-remote environment are also essential.
- Build and manage a team of 7-10 engineers, hiring top-notch individual contributors and giving them room to shine.
- Be a strong mentor and cross-functional advocate for your team.
- Understand team, product, engineering, and company dynamics enough to keep your team focused and effective under a wide variety of conditions.
- Teach your team to make steady progress solving difficult problems.
- Contribute meaningfully.
- 7+ years of industry experience, preferably in external developer tools, customizable app integrations, plugin features, and more
- 2+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- Highly technical with the ability to solve almost any problem
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to act like a startup CEO
- Excellent communication skills for collaboration in a fully-remote environment
- Ability to mentor and advocate for the team
- Understanding of team, product, engineering, and company dynamics
- Ability to make steady progress in solving difficult problems
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.