This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are forming a new team focused on hardware optimization and co-design, and we are seeking a founding engineer to join us. This team will collaborate with our partners to optimize their hardware for our workloads, identify new deep learning accelerators, and bring those hardware platforms into production. While primarily a software team, we are looking for experts in hardware design and data center facility design to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge deep learning and emerging hardware designs, this role is for you.
- Influence the roadmap of hardware partners to optimize them for OpenAI's workloads.
- Evaluate potential partners' accelerators and platforms.
- Build simulations and performance models to progressively improve decision making fidelity.
- Understand and influence roadmaps for hardware partners for datacenter networks, racks, and buildings as the scope of the role and team grows.
- At least 4 years of industry experience, including experience harnessing compute at scale or building semiconductors
- Strong bias toward action and determination
- Experience with hardware/software co-design
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of deep learning computing and chip microarchitecture
- Intrinsic desire to learn and fill in missing skills
- Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapidly changing conditions
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Mental health and wellness support
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching
- Unlimited time off and 18+ company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave (20 weeks) and family-planning support
- Annual learning & development stipend ($1,500 per year)
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.