This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Rhombus is seeking a Data Engineer to join their team in Washington DC. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing data engineering activities for mission-driven projects that inform national security. You will work on data ingestion, data management, and data pipeline development using various programming and scripting languages. Additionally, you will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to deliver scalable platforms and communicate project status to leadership. A Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and at least 1 year of professional experience, or a Master's degree with strong academic project experience, are required for this role.
- Develop code using various programming and scripting languages to automate data ingestion and improve data management processes.
- Architect data repositories, stand up data platforms, and develop data pipelines for ingestion, transformation, and aggregation.
- Review existing architecture, data strategy, and improve processes for data governance, data quality, and metadata management.
- Extract and analyze raw data from multiple data sources via APIs, SQL Stored Procedures, or Python scripts.
- Develop scripts and programs for converting various types of data into usable formats and support project teams to scale, monitor, and operate data platforms.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of analysts, data scientists, data engineers, developers, and data consumers in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Manage the assessment, design, building, and maintenance of scalable platforms for clients.
- Communicate project status and results to various levels of leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Analytics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems/Sciences, or relevant area (or equivalent experience) and at least 1 year of professional experience, or a Master's degree with strong academic project experience
- Experience with programming and scripting languages, with a strong focus on Python, Pandas, and Numpy. Other languages include Shell, PERL, Java, C/C++/C#, Scala, etc.
- Experience with relational, noSQL, and/or file-based storage (e.g. MYSQL, MongoDB, SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, Hbase, DynamoDB, etc.)
- Experience building and maintaining ETL data pipelines
- Experience with software development life cycle including testing, documenting, delivery, and support
- Working knowledge of AWS/cloud technologies
- Experience using query optimization and data modeling techniques
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (such as TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn, etc.)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance
- Full medical, dental, vision coverage for employee and dependents
- 401k matching program
- PTO and Holidays
- Bonus and other incentive programs
- Access to mental health program
- Access to Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Care, Dependent and Commuter
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.