This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
At dYdX, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of cutting-edge decentralized technology that will revolutionize global financial markets. As an early member of the team, you will play a crucial role in shaping the future of dYdX. This role involves writing low latency financial software, developing blockchain-based code, building high-performance APIs, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to deliver the best product. With a strong focus on security, efficiency, and quality, this position requires expertise in various programming languages and technologies.
- Write low latency financial software for processing billions of dollars worth of trading volume
- Develop open source blockchain-based code for the dYdX protocol
- Build high performance REST & WebSocket APIs for the frontend app and programmatic traders
- Architect performant and reliable backend systems
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams to develop the best overall product
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Mentor and develop other team members on design techniques and coding standards
- 8+ years experience working as a full-time developer
- Strong understanding of CS fundamentals
- Ability to write secure, efficient, high quality code
- Experience in writing low latency financial software
- Knowledge of order book matching engines, trading engines, and REST & Websocket API endpoints
- Familiarity with open source blockchain-based code
- Proficiency in building high performance REST & WebSocket APIs
- Ability to architect performant and reliable backend systems
- Experience in managing individual projects priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Mentoring and development skills for other team members on design techniques and coding standards
- Mentorship and development opportunities for team members
- Fast-paced learning environment
- Opportunity to work on high-quality products in the finance or security space
- Experience in building and operating complex, highly reliable distributed systems involving microservices and APIs
- Full-stack development opportunities
- Strong interest in decentralized finance
- Experience in building blockchain applications or smart contracts
- Opportunity to work on ambiguous problems with significant impact
- Competitive salary range of $210K to $320K USD (NY) with possible variable compensation such as annual merit increases, bonus eligibility, commission, or equity incentive.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.