This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
As a Staff Software Engineer at Nylas, you will be responsible for designing and implementing high-performance, scalable, and reliable software solutions for the Nylas platform. You will provide technical leadership to the engineering team and collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver new features. Additionally, you will mentor and guide junior engineers to help them develop their skills. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software engineering, experience with major cloud providers, and proficiency in GoLang, Docker, and Kubernetes. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment are also required.
- Provide technical leadership to the engineering team, driving technical initiatives and fostering a culture of technical excellence
- Design and implement scalable, high-performance software systems
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features in alignment with Nylas' best interests
- Mentor and provide guidance to more junior engineers to help them grow their technical skills and knowledge
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience with at least one major cloud provider (GCP is preferred)
- Strong experience with GoLang, Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong skills building and debugging distributed architectures, including microservices, messaging systems, caching solutions, and databases
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team environment
- Open-minded and customer-focused attitude
- Experience designing and implementing APIs is strongly preferred
- Experience with Python is a plus!
- Nylas Alumni Fund: after 3 years employment, Nylas will invest $20k into your seed round if you decide to start your own company
- Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- 401k with 3% employer contribution
- Education Stipend: $1,000 USD annual education & development benefit
- Cell Phone: $50 USD per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.