This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for the position of Sr. Software Engineer at Ocient is as follows: Ocient is seeking an experienced Software Engineer with strong problem-solving skills and a passion for low-level coding and performance optimizations. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with industry-leading software architects to implement and test a cutting-edge data warehouse. This role can be performed either in the Chicago office or remotely from anywhere in the United States.
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field
- 3+ years of industry experience writing code to solve complex problems using an object-oriented programming language (e.g. C++, Java, C#)
- Familiarity with CPU architecture and assembly code
- Strong understanding and application of data structures and algorithms
- Some experience with C or C++ and Linux/Unix
- Ability to speak and write in English
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and solve complex problems
- Chance to work with a highly experienced and successful management team
- Ability to work on a distributed system optimized for NVMe drives, 100Gb+ networks, and high core count processors
- Opportunity to architect high-performance, distributed systems
- Ownership and management of all risks associated with large complex problems
- Strong technical leadership and communication skills
- Experience configuring C/C++ build and test tools
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.