This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking an exceptional Software Engineering Manager to oversee a team of approximately 10 skilled engineers who are responsible for developing the loading software for the Ocient Hyperscale Data Warehouse. While the main focus of this role is on people and project management, it is essential to have a strong understanding of technical issues and the ability to provide input in this area. The ideal candidate will have a background in computer science or a related technical field, along with at least 7 years of industry experience in developing enterprise-grade software. Additionally, they should have a minimum of 2 years of experience managing engineering teams and delivering high-quality software. Strong technical leadership, communication skills, and familiarity with C++, Java, Linux, and SQL are also required. Experience with Jira, Confluence, Github, and other development and code management tools is a plus.
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field
- 7+ years of industry experience developing enterprise grade software
- 2+ years of experience managing engineering teams and delivering high quality software for customers
- Strong technical leadership and communication skills
- Familiarity with C++, Java, Linux, and SQL
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Github, and other Development, Code Management and Project Management tools
- Experience managing feature development than spans multiple engineering teams
- Familiarity with Apache Kafka (Bonus)
- Prior experience developing or using data pipeline (ETL) solutions (Bonus)
- Hands-on experience in stream processing with an est (Bonus)
- Manage complex software development projects
- Mentor junior and senior engineers
- Foster an inclusive and engaging work culture
- Facilitate and contribute to architecture discussions
- Recommend process and systems improvements
- Recruit top engineering talent
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.