This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
As a Software Architect, Platform at Plotly, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the platform and infrastructure for the Dash Enterprise product. Your expertise in Kubernetes and related technologies will be crucial in ensuring scalability, reliability, and performance. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver a robust and efficient infrastructure that meets the needs of customers. Additionally, you will be involved in assessing the current state of the architecture, defining deployment strategies, optimizing resource allocation, and staying up to date with advancements in Kubernetes and related technologies.
- Perform assessment and document current state of Dash Enterprise architecture
- Design and own the roadmap for the platform and infrastructure of Dash Enterprise, leveraging Kubernetes and related technologies to ensure scalability, high availability, and security
- Identify any integration, technology advancement and operational cost savings opportunities
- Perform architectural review for quality deliverables and compliance with security, disaster recovery and other risks concerns
- Collaborate with development teams to define deployment strategies, optimize resource allocation, and streamline the CI/CD pipeline
- Implement best practices for infrastructure automation, configuration management, and orchestration using tools such as Terraform, Helm, and Kubernetes Operators
- Monitor and troubleshoot internal and production systems, proactively identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks and security vulnerabilities to ensure smooth operation
- Work closely with stakeholders to optimize resource utilization, automate infrastructure provisioning, and ensure efficient use of cloud resources
- Stay up to date with the latest advancements in Kubernetes and related technologies, evaluating and recommending new tools and approaches to enhance the infrastructure of Dash Enterprise
- Mentor and coach the teams on enterprise platform management best practices
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience as a Platform or Infrastructure Architect Engineer/team lead/staff software developer with a strong background in designing and implementing infrastructure solutions for Kubernetes-based products.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and related technologies.
- Proficiency in scripting and automation using languages such as Python, Bash, or Go.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure-as-code principles, utilizing tools like Terraform and configuration management tools like Ansible.
- Familiarity with networking concepts, container orchestration, and microservices architecture.
- Experience working with cloud platforms, preferably AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Generous PTO & Flexible working hours
- Parental leave top-up program
- Stock Options for all full-time employees
- Learning & Development Program
- Promote from within Philosophy
- Fully Remote
- Home Office Support
- Employee Led DE&I group
- Plotly Community Forum
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.