This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Software Developer in Test (SDET) to join our dynamic team. As a Senior SDET, you will play a critical role in ensuring the quality and reliability of our products through the design, development, and execution of comprehensive automated testing strategies. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to identify areas for increasing our automated test coverage and enhance the overall software development process. The role requires proficiency in test automation frameworks and scripting programming languages, as well as experience with load and performance testing and working in a containerized environment.
- Design, develop, and maintain automated test scripts and test suites for functional, performance, and regression testing for APIs, Platform and UI software components.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans, and test cases.
- Test current products to identify, isolate, and track defects.
- Perform manual tests, when necessary, to maintain a balanced approach alongside automated testing.
- Ensure products meet business and technical requirements, customer expectations as well as performance and reliability standards.
- Contribute to the strategic planning of Plotly's overall product testing strategy. Serve as a knowledgeable resource for testing automation, providing training and technical guidance to team members as needed.
- Actively participate in code reviews, design discussions, and project planning meetings.
- Use creativity, curiosity, and resourcefulness to increase the quality at Plotly.
- Block software releases if they don’t meet your standards.
- Help cultivate an environment of exceptional software quality. Educate and help others understand the importance of product quality.
- Train, mentor, and educate fellow team members.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of related professional experience as a software developer in test or similar role
- Proficient in writing test cases, developing automated scripts, and utilizing automation tool frameworks and maintaining test data sets
- Experience with load and performance testing including design, development, implementation, and reporting
- Familiarity with working in a containerized (Docker, Kubernetes) environment
- Experience in testing API / Restful services
- Excellent organizational skills to handle multiple tasks within project timelines
- Effective communication skills for collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrates a strong passion for continuous learning and staying updated with emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices in software testing and quality assurance
- Experience with Python programming language (asset)
- Exposure to data science and machine learning concepts (asset)
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (asset)
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Generous PTO & Flexible working hours
- Parental leave top-up program
- Stock Options for all full-time employees
- Learning & Development Program
- Promote from within Philosophy
- Fully Remote
- Home Office Support
- Employee Led DE&I group
- Plotly Community Forum
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.