This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking an experienced backend software engineer to join our team at the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF). In this role, you will be responsible for driving the architecture and implementation of new features and technical improvements for Vibrant, our consumer mobile wallet. You will collaborate with product, design, and fellow engineers to ensure the success of Vibrant and contribute to best practices for engineering at SDF. This is an exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge blockchain technology and contribute to creating decentralized and equitable access to the global financial system.
- Be involved in all aspects of the development process for Vibrant’s backend services - from vision to implementation to release to maintenance.
- Design software architecture that supports high scale.
- Be proactive about improving our architecture.
- Act as a leader in steering the team to the right path.
- Collaborate closely with product, design, and fellow engineers on reviewing code and designs.
- Contribute to best practices for all of engineering at SDF.
- Help the team continually improve our deployment, monitoring, and response processes.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- A BS or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- Deep experience designing and deploying production backend services at scale to cloud hosting
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- Written server applications in Go, Python, Ruby, Rust, Java, or similar languages
- Great communication skills and can advocate and lead technical discussions, especially during the design and code review process
- Expertise in software design patterns, and how to build components that are reusable, extensible, and modular
- Enthusiasm about working on a small, growing team where you'll be given a lot of autonomy
- Bonus Points if (optional):
- Experience working on backend services for mobile apps
- Experience working on digital payments or fintech applications
- Experience building backend services in Go or another strongly typed language
- Experience with experimentation platforms like LaunchDarkly
- Experience with Firebase Authentication or similar auth providers
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar container orchestration systems
- Empathetic and care about putting the best ideas forward in a collaborative and helpful manner
- Competitive health, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Paid parental leave
- Life and ADD insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance
- FSA and Dependent Care Accounts
- 401K with a 4% match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly gym allowance
- Daily lunch and snacks in-office
- Learning and development budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.