This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Stellar Development Foundation is seeking an experienced engineer to join their team and work on designing, building, and implementing changes to Stellar Core. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of software design patterns, be knowledgeable of best practices and development tools, and have a passion for performance debugging and benchmarking. Bonus points if the candidate has direct experience with designing and implementing distributed systems or a strong curiosity in blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies. The position offers competitive pay with a base salary range of $137,250 - $171,000 depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
- Design and build key components of Stellar Core - the backbone software behind the Stellar Network.
- Design and develop robust, scalable, and extensible technologies that empower our developers and network participants.
- Collaborate on new architectures and subsystems, working alongside our CTO, our team of engineers, and our community of open source developers.
- Write clean, maintainable code with an emphasis on edge case analysis and future-proofing our work.
- Own core subsystems of Stellar Core, and help the team hit critical product milestones.
- Collaborate with the team on code review and design, and contribute to best practices for all of engineering at SDF.
- Investigate and refactor performance bottlenecks in order to continue scaling the system.
- Author detailed technical feature and protocol (RFC) specifications - we take design seriously, and we encourage everyone to be a part of our RFC processes.
- 2+ years of experience developing software on a team
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Proficiency in writing code in C++ 11, especially in a production environment
- Strong communication skills for technical discussions, especially during the design and code review process
- Understanding of software design patterns and ability to build reusable, extensible, and modular components
- Knowledgeable of best practices and development tools and passionate about technological innovation
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- Enthusiasm for working on a small, growing team with autonomy
- Open, empathetic, and collaborative mindset
- Bonus points for direct experience with designing and implementing distributed systems, and curiosity in blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.