This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
As a Senior Software Engineer at Venafi, you will be part of a dedicated and experienced team that protects some of the largest organizations in the world. Your role will involve innovating, designing, implementing, and maintaining Venafi's cloud-native offerings and open-source solutions. You will collaborate with the engineering team to develop and execute project plans, lead the design of systems and backend application code, and interact with the open-source community. The ideal candidate will have strong software engineering experience, proficiency in Go and cloud-native technologies, and the ability to write clean and well-documented code. Additionally, the ability to guide and inspire a team, articulate problems and solutions, and experience in security-related software and Agile environments are valued.
- Innovate, design, implement, maintain, and evolve Venafi cloud-native offerings and open-source solutions such as cert-manager.
- Collaborate within an industry-leading engineering team to develop, manage, and execute the overall project plan and timelines for key deliverables.
- Lead the design of systems and backend application code (mainly Go microservices).
- Interact with the broader open-source community.
- Write unit, integration and functional tests as needed to ensure that requirements are implemented correctly and specification is met.
- Guide and inspire a team of engineers, driving collaboration and fostering a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Clearly articulate problems and solutions to those not familiar with the subject matter.
- Seek out coaching and mentoring opportunities for yourself and others.
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Proficient with Go, Kubernetes integrations & extensions, and cloud-native technologies
- Experience writing unit, integration, and functional tests
- Ability to write clean, consistent, and well-documented code following industry and Venafi best practices
- Strong expertise in constructing and maintaining build and test automation pipelines
- Keen eye for securely written, performant, and scalable code
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to change development context based on team and customer priorities
- Demonstrated ability to guide and inspire a team of engineers, driving collaboration and fostering a positive and inclusive work environment
- Skill to clearly articulate problems and solutions to those not familiar with the subject matter
- Background with security companies and/or security-related software
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Seeking out coaching and mentoring opportunities for yourself and others
- Access to private medical and dental insurance for team members and their families
- Four weeks of paid time off (PTO)
- Eight holidays, including a floating holiday
- Four "pick your own community service" days
- Pensions scheme with company contributions
- 4x salary employer paid life insurance
- Parental leave
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.