This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Marqeta is seeking a Senior Principal Software Engineer to drive the company's technological advancements and contribute to multiple significant projects. This role requires technical leadership, the ability to anticipate and solve problems, and a focus on engineering excellence. The ideal candidate will have experience in Java and/or Python, as well as knowledge of microservices, Java Spring Boot, CI/CD systems, and cloud tools. They should also have a strong background in scaling large, transactional systems and data sharding. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team and make a significant impact on the company's technological direction.
- 18+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 15 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 8 years experience. In lieu of a degree, 20+ years of relevant experience may suffice.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate imaginative problem-solving abilities and strong technical judgment.
- Experience developing in Java and/or Python.
- Experience with Microservices.
- Experience with Java Spring Boot.
- Experience in software delivery pipelines, CI/CD systems, and software deployment and orchestration systems such as Kubernetes and/or Docker.
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL Server, Oracle, etc.).
- Production experience with modern engineering and cloud tools. (We use AWS)
- Experience with scaling large, transactional systems and data sharding.
- Ability to break down silos within and across functions and influence others to reach the best outcome.
- Ability to build deep cross-functional relationships, facilitate the right conversations, and settle disagreements by managing different viewpoints.
- Ability to get buy-in and influence stakeholders across a variety of audiences.
- Ability to present clear and concise messages tailored to various audiences; able to communicate in a clear, concise, and respectful manner both verbally and in writing.
- Experience making technical trade-offs and navigating technical complexities.
- Experience investing time to coach and mentor.
- Flexible time off – take what you need
- Retirement savings program with company contribution
- Equity in a publicly-traded company and an Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Health insurance premiums paid 100% + coverage for dependents and pets
- Family-forming benefits, fertility support, and up to 20 weeks of Parental Leave
- Free therapy sessions, financial coaching, and legal advice
- Monthly stipend to support our hybrid work model
- Sponsorship transfers supported for this role
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.