This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Project Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the completion and accuracy of the specific Greenfield plant design according to Enviva's design standards. They will oversee the creation of drawings and technical data sheets to support the procurement and construction teams. The Project Engineer will collaborate with the EPC engineering team, manage project design efforts, and review engineering drawings to ensure compliance with specifications. They will also support the creation of project plans and schedules, participate in the procurement process, and coordinate with internal stakeholders and subcontractors. This role requires a Bachelor's degree in an Engineering Discipline and at least 5 years of manufacturing and/or project experience.
- Aligning with our culture in operating safely and in a safe workplace, ensure that all work, in and out of projects, and both external and internal project resources are adhering to safe work practices and supporting a safe workplace.
- Translates Enviva design standard to meet site and customer specific needs.
- Collaborate with EPC engineering team to ensure plant is designed, constructed and tested per Enviva requirements.
- Ensure EPC engineering team meets Enviva contract requirements and project needs.
- Support project engineering lead as directed.
- Manage project design efforts coordinating closely with the Engineer of Record for the project and managing input from internal stakeholders (Operations, Engineering).
- Review engineering drawings and deliverables to ensure they meet specifications and quality requirements.
- Work closely with project controls, procurement, cost estimating, admin, and document control to support project delivery efforts.
- Proactively manage project action register, lessons learned implementation, and design change management.
- Support creation and coordination of overall project plans and schedules, and monitoring activities, progress, and milestones against plans.
- Author and support creation of vendor scope of work documents and participate in RFP/bid process.
- Review and support creation of key vendor contracts and support procurement process.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal Enviva stakeholders and subcontractors to ensure a consistent understanding and execution of identified schedule objectives and work activities.
- Travel to Greenfield site to assist in coordination and oversight of construction activities; supporting onsite EPCM firm presence.
- Bachelor's of Science in an Engineering Discipline - Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Industrial, Chemical
- 5+ years of manufacturing and/or project experience
- 2+ years project engineering experience
- Strong working knowledge and experience interfacing multiple design disciplines to meet project deliverables (mechanical, civil, structural, electrical, instrumentation & controls)
- Must possess strong organizational skills & sense of responsibility
- Must be a driver of action
- Must be data-driven and possess a high level of attention to detail
- Effective oral, presentation, and written communication skills
- Remote position flexibility available
- Increased travel as needed
- Remote work during Design Phases
- 25% overnight travel during Design Phases
- Onsite Construction Support with ramping up travel to a peak period of 60-75% for 4-6 months
- Opportunity to work in the wood products industry
- Experience with AutoCAD and Navisworks 3D model viewer preferred
- PMP Training or Certification preferred
- Equal employment opportunity (EEO) principles followed by the company
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.