This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Finance director plays a critical role in supporting Bridgewater's foreign growth initiative by being a strategic partner to the business leaders. They will be responsible for managing all financial functions, driving key initiatives, and overseeing transformational activities within BW finance. The role requires strong communication skills, the ability to manage multiple finance functions, and the capacity to act as a strategic partner to the business leaders. Additionally, the Finance director will be responsible for driving efficiencies and shaping the future design of BW's finance organization.
- Own wing-to-wing Finance responsibilities of a foreign subsidiary leveraging internal functional leads, key stakeholders, and external SME’s.
- Own and drive the financial planning & analysis process partnering with leadership.
- Run payroll activities including associated tax and regulatory fillings.
- Ensure proper cash management optimizing for operational needs and tax implications.
- Oversee the P2P process liaising between the business, vendors, legal & security teams.
- Partner with the Corporate Accounting team to ensure the books and records are accurate and support annual audit activities.
- Partner with the tax team to ensure the foreign subs are executing in line with the strategy as laid out by the Head of Tax.
- Ensure all regulatory submissions are performed timely and accurately.
- Independently act as a strategic partner to the business leaders.
- Leverage financial expertise as well as subject matter experts to shape and identify creative solutions to deliver on business goals while ensuring alignment with the firms objectives and controls.
- Project manage complex financial transactions in foreign jurisdictions.
- Be a transformational leader that can help shape BW’s finance organization.
- Assist in evaluating as is activities and shape the future design for how best to manage foreign subsidiaries.
- Drive efficiencies across operational activities as well as the broader finance team.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to navigate at all levels and depths.
- Experience in managing multiple finance functions (accounting, payroll, treasury, tax, etc.)
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and own tactical activities while also being able to pivot and own strategic activities in an independent manner.
- Can lead cross-functional and/or departmental teams with influence in an indirect manner.
- Strong project management skills to manage complex problems start to finish with efficiency.
- 7-10 years of work experience in fields spanning multiple finance disciplines including: operational finance, FP&A, accounting, tax, treasury and P2P.
- Proactive in nature – ask questions and take initiative to improve current processes and metrics.
- Experience forming well synthesized, structured recommendations from financial information to help drive informed and quality decisions.
- Highly organized individual with keen attention to detail, including ability to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in Finance or Accounting with a strong academic track.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered and access to additional concierge medical services
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match
- Paid time off, including fully paid parental leave and a competitive PTO package
- Workplace flexibility and access to back up childcare
- Financial assistance for family building support, including adoption and egg freezing
- Workplace wellness, including on-site gyms, free meals and healthy snacks, and meditation rooms
- An engaged and active community that includes many company events, affinity networks, and extracurricular interest groups
This is some text inside of a div block.
This is some text inside of a div block.