This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking a technical and results-driven Engineering Manager to lead our Data Infrastructure team at Discord. This team plays a crucial role in our Data & ML platform, handling petabytes of data and serving hundreds of millions of users. As the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for building robust and high-scale data systems, leading a team of engineers, and collaborating with stakeholders to drive real results for the business. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in Data Infrastructure, Engineering Management, and a passion for user privacy and data governance.
- 5+ years of experience as an engineer working on Data Infrastructure
- 2+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager
- Extensive experience leading complex technical projects with successful outcomes
- Experience with complex distributed data systems deployed at scale and building end-to-end solutions
- Passionate about user privacy and building systems with strong data governance controls
- Experience with large scale data processing/orchestration systems (Spark/Flink/DataFlow)
- Strong product sense and understanding of customers
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience developing engineers of multiple levels
- Up-to-date with industry trends and ability to identify new techniques to solve technical problems
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 14+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.