This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for this role is that Simon Data is seeking an engineering manager to lead the Application Team in their Product Engineering department. The successful candidate will be responsible for structuring sprints, maintaining code quality, and using business goals to inform technical decisions. They will also be expected to develop the engineering skills of their team members, act as a coach and guide, and recruit influential engineers. The role involves working in a fast-paced environment with a focus on reducing waste and delivering high impact business value.
- Lead a multi-functional team of early career to staff engineers to help them grow the next generation of the company's application
- Achieve sustained high velocity and predictability in software delivery
- Collaborate with your team as they design & build critical software components, scale our architecture, or lead design decisions
- Produce plans for team personal development, growth, and sustained value
- Partner with engineering leads to break down projects into tasks and distribute those across the team's skill sets
- Partner with product owners to deeply understand our clients' use cases and project priorities
- Uphold a high technical bar while making pragmatic tradeoffs
- Through a combination of leadership and technical expertise, improve the pace of execution in the team
- Drive growth of the team by playing a pivotal role in finding, attracting and hiring talented individuals to Simon
- 2+ years of software engineering management experience
- 3+ additional years of engineering experience as a software or data engineer & comfort with Py
- 100% coverage of medical premiums for employee AND family
- Flexible PTO
- Generous Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Remote work, quarterly wellness, and client support stipends
- Professional Development stipend
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.