This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Arzeda, a deep tech, mission-driven company based in Seattle, is seeking an experienced Downstream Processing Engineer II to join their growing team. The role involves leveraging fermentation and downstream processing expertise to develop and optimize in-house processing capabilities, as well as serving as a liaison to CMO partners and clients for tech transfer and scale-up. The engineer will also provide technical guidance, mentor junior engineers, and ensure the implementation of safety procedures. This is an opportunity for someone with a strong engineering background to contribute to the development of novel proteins and products that enhance lives and protect the planet.
- BS degree in chemical, biochemical, manufacturing, food engineering or similar.
- Five years of industry experience in biochemical/chemical research and development, pilot plant, or manufacturing environments.
- Two to three years of experience providing technical mentorship to junior scientists/engineers.
- Two to three years of experience with equipment implementation (sourcing, purchasing, installation).
- Ability to travel 20% of the time to support development and production trials.
- Nice-to-haves (but not required):
- MS degree in chemical, biochemical, manufacturing, food engineering or similar.
- Six to ten years of industry experience in biochemical/chemical research and development, pilot plant, or manufacturing environments.
- Experience with industrial equipment implementation in a pilot plant or manufacturing setting.
- Comprehensive compensation package, including equity
- Base Salary: $90,000-130,000 (may vary based on level of experience, education, and geography)
- Paid time off; company-observed holidays, including a company paid holiday closure between Dec 25 and Jan 1; and paid medical/family leave
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance, including options for Health Savings Accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.