This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for the Director of Finance position at GoFundMe is to lead the GoFundMe FP&A team and be responsible for strategic planning, financial analysis, and driving growth and efficiency across the company. The role involves mentoring a team of analysts, partnering with key leaders, developing investment theses, managing financial targets, enhancing internal controls, and driving automation and process improvement. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 10 years of finance experience, a track record of managing high-performance teams, strong analytical and communication skills, and the ability to distill complex issues into actionable plans.
- Lead strategic planning, including ownership and oversight over long-range and annual operating plans.
- Mentor and manage a team of analysts, driving key business decisions and monitoring operating KPIs.
- Act as a thought partner to the executive team and key leaders across various departments.
- Partner cross-functionally to develop data-driven investment theses, business cases, and success criteria.
- Serve as a financial partner to operating teams, helping them achieve operating and financial targets.
- Manage the annual planning roadmap, setting clear milestones and resolving cross-functional dependencies.
- Enhance internal controls by developing and implementing policies and processes.
- Drive automation and improve existing business systems, recurring processes, and financial reporting.
- Minimum of 10 years of Finance experience in public B2C companies.
- Consistent track record of managing high-performance finance teams in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or related field; MBA preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and action plans.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and completeness.
- Minimum of 10 years of Finance experience in public B2C companies; experience in the payments or P2P fundraising space is a plus
- Consistent track record of managing high-performance finance teams in a fast-paced startup environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or related field; MBA preferred
- Self-starter capable of driving business results without significant supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to build successful relationships and partner across the organizational structure
- Can navigate networks of systems and people to find the information you need and are tenacious in solving unsolved problems and bringing clarity to areas of confusion
- Take pride in your analytical and financial modeling skills and enjoy applying them to tackle highly complex business problems
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans to drive clarity and results
- Can synthesize a clear and succinct story dictated by the numbers
- Meticulous and detail-oriented with the highest regard for accuracy and completeness.
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging initiatives
- Employee resource groups
- Real purpose and opportunity to change lives on a global scale
- Fun, supportive team environment
- Core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back
- Certified Great Place to Work
- Equal opportunity employer with commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion training
- Total annual salary of $180,000 - $260,000 + equity + benefits (based on role, level, and location)
- Remote position with salary range determined by work location and relevant factors
This is some text inside of a div block.
This is some text inside of a div block.