This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking an experienced and passionate DevOps Engineer with a strong background in Kubernetes, AWS, and Linux to join our team. As an Intermediate DevOps Engineer, you will play a critical role in designing, implementing, and maintaining our cloud infrastructure, with a focus on Kubernetes-based container orchestration, AWS services, and Linux systems. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to streamline the deployment and management of our applications, ensuring scalability, reliability, and security in a Linux-based AWS cloud environment.
- Design, build, and maintain scalable and highly available Kubernetes clusters on AWS using services like Amazon EKS or self-managed Kubernetes.
- Collaborate with software development and infrastructure teams to define and implement CI/CD pipelines for continuous integration and deployment of applications on AWS.
- Automate infrastructure provisioning, configuration, and monitoring using infrastructure-as-code tools (e.g., Terraform, Ansible) specifically tailored for AWS and Linux systems.
- Deploy and maintain software on Linux server base using configuration-as-code tools (eg. Puppet or Ansible.)
- Implement and optimize containerization strategies using Docker and Kubernetes on AWS.
- Familiarity with monitoring and logging toolsets like ELK, Prometheus, Grafana.
- Leverage AWS services such as Amazon EC2, Amazon RDS, Amazon S3, and others to architect and deploy scalable and resilient solutions.
- Implement AWS security best practices, including IAM roles, security groups, encryption, and monitoring.
- Configure and administer Linux-based systems, including performance tuning, troubleshooting, and security hardening.
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure and application-related issues in a timely manner within the AWS and Linux environment.
- Monitor and analyze system performance, resource utilization, and capacity planning using AWS monitoring and logging tools (e.g., CloudWatch, CloudTrail, ELK stack) and Linux monitoring tools.
- Implement and enforce security best practices throughout the infrastructure, Kubernetes environment, AWS services, and Linux systems.
- Collaborate with development teams to optimize application performance, scalability, and reliability in a Kubernetes environment on AWS and Linux.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in DevOps, cloud technologies, AWS services, the Kubernetes ecosystem, and Linux administration.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Engineering Or relevant number of years' experience in related field
- Strong experience with Kubernetes container orchestration, including deployment, scaling, and monitoring
- Proficient in infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform and configuration management tools like Ansible, specifically tailored for AWS and Linux systems
- Strong knowledge of AWS services (Or Azure) and hands-on experience with core services such as EC2, RDS, S3, IAM, etc.
- Experience with AWS container services (Or Azure) like Amazon EKS, Amazon ECS, or self-managed Kubernetes on AWS
- Solid understanding of CI/CD pipelines and automation tools (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD) in an AWS (Or Azure) and Linux context
- Experience with scripting and programming languages (e.g., Bash, Python, Go) for automation, infrastructure management, and Linux administration
- Familiarity with Linux administration, including performance tuning, troubleshooting, and security hardening
- Familiarity with AWS (Or Azure) security best practices, including IAM roles, security groups, encryption, and monitoring
- Experience with AWS (Or Azure) monitoring and logging tools (e.g., CloudWatch, CloudTrail, ELK stack) and Linux monitoring tools for system performance analysis and troubleshooting
- Understanding of networking concepts and security best practices in an AWS (Or Azure), Kubernetes, and Linux environment
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Preferred: Kubernetes certification (e.g., Certified Kubernetes Administrator - CKA)
- Preferred: AWS Cloud environment experience
- Preferred: AWS certifications (e.g., AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, AWS Certified Solutions Architect)
- Preferred: Linux certifications (e.g., Linux Professional Institute Certification - LPIC)
- Preferred: Experience with managing and optimizing Kubernetes clusters on AWS and Linux systems at scale
- Preferred: Knowledge of service mesh technologies (e.g., Istio, Linkerd) in an AWS and Linux environment
- Preferred: Familiarity with infrastructure and application observability tools (e.g., Datadog, New Relic) in a Linux-based environment.
- Remote Working: Fully remote working until it is safe to return to the offices, and then up to 60% of the working month can be done remotely.
- Exciting Clients and Projects: Working with Black Swan Data provides the opportunity to work on innovative and challenging projects with leading brands in the industry.
- Talented Teams: Exposure to highly skilled and multi-disciplined teams across the world.
- Career Development: Collaboration on all aspects of projects to gain exposure and develop expertise.
- Working Environment: Enjoyable work environment with global benefits such as share options, staff referral scheme, wellness day, flexible and remote working, internal and online training initiatives, volunteering opportunities, birthday lie-in, Christmas gift cards, quarterly staff events, sunshine hours, and flexible leave policy.
- Szeged Office Benefits: Additional benefits unique to the Szeged office include sick leave payment, private health care, cafeteria system, enhanced maternity and paternity leave, drinks and snacks, fruit, and Thursday Nasi time.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.