This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Whatnot is seeking capable Android engineers with a proven track record for building slick UIs. The role involves building intuitive user interfaces, creating well-tested code, and improving the availability and performance of current systems. The ideal candidate should have 3+ years of software engineering experience, 2+ years of experience writing Android apps, and be an expert in Kotlin. They should also have excellent communication skills, be a self-starter, and have startup experience at a high-growth company. The company offers competitive salary, stock options, unlimited vacation policy, and various health insurance options.
- Build intuitive user interfaces from the ground up.
- Create modifiable, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Investigate and solve issues with bugs and data inconsistencies.
- Improve the availability and performance of current systems.
- Integrating Live Video Streaming with the app.
- Work with the engineering team to define implementation strategy, define overall requirements, and redefine a product, if needed.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience writing Android apps
- Expert in Kotlin
- Known for shipping lightning fast and making good trade-off decisions
- Excellent communication/writing skills
- Self-starter with the ability to hit the ground running with little direction
- Startup experience at a high-growth company preferred
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave and gradual return to work
- $5,000 annual allowance towards Childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- Professional Development
- $2,000 annual benefit to invest in your professional development
- 401k offering for Traditional and Roth accounts provided by Betterment
- Employer matching contributions of 100% of up to 4% of contributions on base salary
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.