This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California that is focused on building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft. Their mission is to advance sustainable air mobility by designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise. They are seeking a highly experienced individual to support vehicle level trade studies, update system models based on test data, integrate supplier systems into their vehicle simulation, verify requirements, and generate aircraft performance estimates. A BS in Engineering is required, with an MS or PhD highly desirable, along with expertise in multi-physics simulation, aircraft modeling, and flight dynamic simulation. Proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink is necessary, and experience with Python and SimScape is desirable. Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are also important.
- Support vehicle level trade studies
- Update system electrical, thermal, and performance model fidelity based on lab and flight test data to support vehicle certification
- Work with internal and external suppliers to integrate their systems into our comprehensive vehicle simulation
- Support design and analysis activities to verify business and regulatory requirements will be met with high confidence
- Generate aircraft performance estimates to incorporate into the aircraft flight manual, flight management system, and airline operations
- BS in an Engineering discipline required. MS or PhD in an Engineering discipline highly desirable
- 8+ years of multi-physics simulation experience
- Expert in aircraft modeling and flight dynamic simulation of complex physical systems
- High level of expertise with developing vehicle simulations in MATLAB/Simulink. Python and SimScape expertise is also desirable.
- Experience with model testing, linearization, and refinement using continuous integration environments
- Experience building surrogate models based on high fidelity disciplinary simulations
- Strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Competitive base pay between $164,000.00-205,000.00
- Pay-for-performance culture with rewards for supporting the company's business strategy
- Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace
- Merit-based employment decisions
- No discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.