- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decisions and cross-functional team discussions.
- Strong system design skills and workflow optimization
- You have coding experience in Python, Go, or other languages that can be demonstrated through a portfolio of code
- Strong experience with data transformation tools like dbt or Dataform
- Experience with ETL orchestration tools like Apache Airflow and Google Dataflow
- Strong technical accomplishments in SQL and data analysis skills
- Experience with MPP databases such as BigQuery, Redshift, or Snowflake
- Expertise in visualization technologies like Looker, Tableau, or Qlik Sense
- Experience with GCP/AWS or other cloud providers
- You’re experienced in designing and implementing application architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant
- Craft the engineering vision, and own the technical landscape, for our data platform
- Work closely with product managers, data science and analytics, and engineering to distill complex business problems into elegant technical solutions
- Build and help support robust batch and streaming pipelines
- Build tools and processes to help make the right data accessible to the right people
- Evolve the maturity of our monitoring systems and processes to improve visibility and failure detection in our infrastructure
- Become a subject matter expert on the various datasets and tools we have at Mailchimp
- Work with Data Stewards to ensure we govern data responsibly
About this position
The Data Platform team at Mailchimp is responsible for creating and managing our BI platform that enables peeps from across the company to make better decisions with data. As a team, we build ETL pipelines, model data to feed analytical reports and data science models, design data access tools, build and support the data platform foundation, build data models in Looker and much more. We have a lot of tools in our toolbelt, but all with the main goal of helping Mailchimp to continue to use data more effectively. As a staff engineer, we want you to help us solve our most complex problems while also helping to define and drive technical strategy.
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, and analytics tools.