- You have 3+ years of experience building web experiences
- You enjoy customer-centered software development and actively working closely with a team of engineers, designers, and product managers.
- You possess a desire to experiment, (succeed or fail), and use research and data, where appropriate, to make data-driven decisions.
- You have extensive experience with web technologies. We are language agnostic in our interviews but require experience with one or more common web frameworks (React, Angular, etc.).
- You are proficient with CSS preprocessors (Sass, Less, etc.).
- You have an understanding of accessibility and semantic HTML.
- You have experience writing frontend unit tests in a testing platform such as jest or mocha.
- You have a proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Gain a deep understanding of what Alma providers do, how they operate, and where their pain points are.
- Design, develop, and implement maintainable and scalable client-side features using modern front-end web technologies (HTML, CSS, Webpack, React).
- Develop both member-facing and internal-facing features around onboarding, scheduling, billing, and client management.
- Collaborate with teammates, PMs, and designers to conceptualize and build solutions for practical problems facing Alma members.
- Ensure applications and services meet Alma's standards for software including performance, scalability, and security.
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Unlimited PTO
About this position
Alma is seeking a mission-driven Frontend Engineer to join our team. We are dedicated to building tools and services which help our providers more easily manage and grow their practice. In this role, you will be building features that solve real problems for mental health providers. The ideal candidate is able to recognize that successful software development requires communication, experimentation, and iteration.
On this scaling team, you will have a strong hand in defining Alma's features, services, and architecture. The ideal person for this role loves to work with other teams to design and build amazing digital experiences.
Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 8,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory or work with our Client Matching team to receive personalized recommendations and individualized support. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.