Requirements for Corporate Counsel, Employment and Litigation
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in good standing in at least one U.S. state bar
- 4-7 years of relevant legal experience, including advising on employment relations issues, analyzing wage and hour laws, answering legal questions facing our human resources team, and managing litigation, including experience appearing on behalf of clients in administrative hearings and state and federal courts.
- Exceptional judgment and a high degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Strong business acumen
- Experience advising clients and managing projects on deadlines with minimal supervision
- Experience collaborating with business teams and other members of the legal team (regulatory, product, privacy, etc.) to ensure business needs are met
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate complex legal points and concepts to a diverse array of internal stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong proofreading skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Willingness to take on matters outside your primary practice areas
- Willingness and ability to work extended hours when necessary to complete a project
Responsibilities for Corporate Counsel, Employment and Litigation
- Manage employment legal matters for the company worldwide
- Advise internal clients on current and potential disputes
- Collaborate with and manage outside counsel
- Provide day-to-day advice and counseling on a diverse array of employment issues
- Draft and finalize key employment related agreements, including templates for new employees such as offer letters, separation agreements, state handbooks and employment related policies.
- Work closely with People & Culture and other internal teams to assist with employment issues arising from operations of the company
- Manage litigation matters
- Draft responses to subpoenas and demand letters
- Communicate complex concepts effectively to all levels
- All other duties as assigned
About this position
We are looking for a talented, hard-working team player with a minimum of four years of relevant experience to join our legal team and support both Mindbody and ClassPass. This is a unique opportunity to work on a wide variety of exciting and challenging matters in a fast-paced and collaborative environment where you can really make a difference. In this role, you will be responsible for managing employment law matters for the company, including advising internal clients on current and potential disputes, collaborating with and managing outside counsel, providing day-to-day advice on a diverse array of employment issues, and working closely with the company’s People & Culture team. In addition, in partnership with the General Counsel, you will be responsible for managing the company’s litigation and other disputes and responding to subpoenas.
This job is no longer online. We keep it on here for reference only.
Go To job Listing
$170,000 - $210,000
ClassPass is revolutionizing the fitness and wellness industry by bringing together the world’s best classes and experiences into one app. Our mission? To motivate people to live inspired lives every day by introducing and seamlessly connecting them to soul-nurturing experiences.
Whether you hit up a HIIT class, unwind with a massage, stream a class from your home or reconnect with your inner high school tennis player, we make it easy to prioritize your health.
Move your Job Search from “Applied” to “Interviewing”
Get the Free Teal Job Tracker