This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
As a Test Engineer at Orbit Fab, you will play a crucial role in supporting the Test team in the design, analysis, testing, and prototyping of flight hardware for spacecraft and/or mechanisms. Your responsibilities will include authoring and maintaining test documentation, interpreting system diagrams and requirements, planning and executing tests, troubleshooting electrical and mechanical issues, and designing and developing automated scripts. This position offers the opportunity to work independently and exercise your judgment while collaborating with a cross-specialty team to solve engineering problems in the space industry.
- 4+ years working in an engineering field and/or precision mechanical assembly environment
- Ability to read, interpret, execute test instructions with respect to requirements and translate
- Understanding and ability to formulate test plans and perform requirements traceability
- Experience testing space-qualified hardware through qualification and acceptance test environments
- Author, manage and maintain test documentation and hardware for precision assemblies
- Take ownership and maintain documentation for complex, high-reliability assemblies
- Interpret system diagrams and requirements for test definition
- Plan, design, execute and perform preventive maintenance for required Ground Support Equipment (GSE) and Data Acquisition (DAQ) systems
- Identify, document, troubleshoot electrical and mechanical issues in the assembly, integration and test cycle
- Perform standard operating procedures, execute tests and document test results, including functional testing, life tests, shock, vibration, TVAC/Thermal, and launch integration
- Design and develop automated scripts and supporting test equipment for streamlined test and production
- Characterize test data to formulate general failure modes and categorization of pass/fail criteria
- Work with engineers to troubleshoot and solve technical issues
- Be willing to cross train in multiple areas of specialty
- Provide input for continuous process improvement, develop more refined ways of manufacturing, assembly, integration and test of assembly parts and components
- Utilize test equipment (ie. LabView based Data Acquisition systems. Digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Fully covered benefits
- Flexible work hours
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.