This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Aktana is seeking a Senior Security Engineer to join their security team. This role will involve using various tools and technologies to identify and protect IT assets, with a focus on security implementation and operations for application and cloud-based infrastructure. The Senior Security Engineer will collaborate with different teams to understand product and business needs, define and implement security measures, and ensure 24/7 protection against malicious activity. Key responsibilities include cloud security architecture review, vulnerability management, incident response, and evaluating and recommending new security technologies. The successful candidate will have a strong background in security engineering, application security, and knowledge of cloud-based environments and AWS systems.
- Cloud Security Architecture review
- Analyze security issues related to web services and provide recommendations for mitigations
- Integrate new data sources to SIEM product (ELK), AlertLogic
- Manage AWS Cloud security including logging, IAM, Firewalls, VPN, etc
- Manage Application security program including vulnerability management, provide mitigations, validate proper resolution and help integrate in CI pipeline
- Code Review
- Collaborate with product teams to develop new features with an eye on security
- Assist in vulnerability analysis and incident response
- Coordinate and conduct periodic security reviews of critical workday infrastructure, services, and applications
- Focus on maturing Aktana’s security models, patterns and template
- Evaluate and recommend new security tooling and technologies
- Develop technologies for automated vulnerability detection
- Develop Information Security Plans and Policies
- Participate in security operations support
- Develop and interpret security policies and procedures
- Develop and deliver general security awareness training
- Develop role-based access for all of the employees and contractors
- BS degree in Computer Science or related fields and/or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience in Security engineering
- 5+ Application security experience
- Significant knowledge of security best practices for client-server product architectures, focusing predominantly on cloud-based environments.
- Significant knowledge of AWS systems, including EC2, IAM, KMS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Config, Security Hub, Lambda, Terraform CLI, Security Groups, VPCs, WAF, Guard Duty, Inspector, Control Tower, etc.
- Experience with working on various cybersecurity and privacy frameworks, including NIST, SOC, ISO 27000, HITRUST, MITRE ATT&CK, etc.
- Experience with cloud-based security management/IDS/IPS/service management tools, such as JIRA, AlertLogic, PagerDuty, ELK, FIM, Accunetix, Qualys, etc.
- Professional experience in Information Security Analysis, extracting pertinent security data from SIEM solutions and AWS audit, logs, and reports
- Hands-on experience in documenting and implementing security controls, mitigations, and remediations.
- Knowledge of securing Windows and Linux
- Life-long learner - always looking to stay up to date with the latest attack vectors, vulnerabilities, remediation, and protection paradigms, etc.
- Self-motivated, proactive, driven individual
- Professional experience in Information Security Analysis
- Hands-on experience in documenting and implementing security controls, mitigations, and remediations
- Knowledge of securing Windows and Linux
- Familiarity with ELK, Datadog, Splunk is a plus
- Experience working closely with Security Compliance to uphold security guidelines and control
- Experience in Threat modeling
- Experience in performing security vulnerability assessments
- Programming or scripting experience with a popular modern language utilized by above tools (Java, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- One or more recognized security and cloud-specific certifications (CCSP, SSCP, CISSP, CEH)
- Commitment to help fill in the gaps through training, mentoring, and working on great projects in small and large teams
- Global company with diverse customers and employees
- Equal employment opportunities irrespective of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status
- Values hard work, transparency, and collaboration
- Culture of feedback and helping each other and customers make better decisions
- Opportunity to make patients' lives better through technology
- Background investigations and/or reference checks conducted on all new hires
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.