This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
As the Principal Engineer at Bitpanda, your mission will be to contribute to the scalability, performance, resilience, and security of the platform. You will serve as a reference for the engineering team, guiding and mentoring them to enhance their technical skills. Additionally, you will collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to elevate engineering standards and technology throughout the organization. In the front-end area, you will support the Design and Product team in creating exceptional interfaces while establishing clear guidelines for achieving optimal results at scale.
- Actively contribute to making Bitpanda's platform scalable, performant, resilient, and secure
- Provide technical guidance for highly complex initiatives and grow and inspire the Product and Engineering organization
- Conceive plans and conduct research in relevant problem areas or new technology
- Gather requirements and pave the way for consensus on the creation and adoption of architectural decision records
- Lead smaller teams of senior engineers to deliver high impact initiatives aligned with company strategy
- Analyze potential business opportunities and make clear decisions for creating amazing customer experiences
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured architectural diagrams and technical documents
- Operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams and navigate technical ambiguity
- Focus on delivering amazing user experiences with attention to detail in a scalable and sustainable manner
- Have advanced knowledge and experience with building world-class front-end applications using React, Design System, Storybook, CSS-in-JS, Jest, Next.js, HTML, CSS, and JS
- Collaborate with all departments and be self-driven to deliver on ambiguous projects despite incomplete or inaccurate data.
- Ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams, and navigate technical ambiguity with only high-level direction.
- Crafted with care mindset, focusing on always delivering amazing experiences for users, with the highest attention to detail on each iteration, in a scalable and sustainable manner.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with building world-class front-end applications, leveraging the most recent technologies and practices.
- Proficiency with React, Design System, Storybook, CSS-in-JS, Jest, Next.js, HTML, CSS, and JS.
- Highly collaborative and focused on building relationships across all departments.
- Self-driven to deliver on ambiguous projects in spite of incomplete or inaccurate data.
- Competitive total compensation package including participation in our stock option plan
- Market-leading Flex-Ben approach and package
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Bitpanda swag to keep you living the brand
- A diverse team of fast-moving, talented, "roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen" kind of people who are united by our unique way of working
- Opportunity to learn and grow as part of Bitpanda's incredible journey towards being Europe's future #1 investment platform
- Commitment to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect
- Belief in the importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.